I Used To Love Making Cakes, Until This Week.

Decorating By LittleMom Updated 6 Apr 2008 , 3:54pm by LittleMom

LittleMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleMom Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 2:26am
post #1 of 6

I had two "goodbye" cakes to make this week. One I brought to work to wish farewell to my beloved supervisor, and the other I brought to the funeral of a dear friend.

Cakes are such emotional ventures. It's worth it when the events are joyous - when they're sad it is just overwhelming.

5 replies
crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 2:55am
post #2 of 6

LittleMom,

I am sorry you are having a rough week. I am sorry for your loses. Remember that the cakes you made this week came from your heart. Cake is a great comfort food and I am sure it was appreciated by the family of your dear friend and your supervisor. They all know that you cared enough to put something of yourself into the cakes.

Cindy

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 3:11am
post #3 of 6

sorry for your losses. CRP7... couldn't put it any better. *hugs*

sassycleo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sassycleo Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 3:13am
post #4 of 6

Cindy

Don't think it could be said any other way.

Littlemom,

As hard as it might be, try to put a twist on the meaning behind those cakes. Yes they are sad events but take a step back and think of them both as a celebration. Your celebrating all the good times you had with your soon to be ex supervisor and gave her a memory of her going away cake that she will always have with her and remember. As far as the cake for the passing - look at it as a cake for a celebration of their life and the time they have spent with us.

It may help get through the emotional coaster we ride as cake artists.

JenniferL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferL Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 3:27am
post #5 of 6

Littlemom,

Sorry your are having such a difficult week. Saying goodbye is always hard. As the others have said, your cakes provided a bright spot in what were otherwise sad events. I'm sure your thoughtfulness touched the hearts of and gave comfort to those involved. {{hugs}} and God bless!

LittleMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleMom Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 3:54pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks everybody. I think this was my first real experience with being burned out. Not physically, but definitely mentally.

My friend was the most wonderful woman and she was loved by everyone. I will miss her so much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%