Tried And True Strawberry Filling???

Baking By Lora-Ann Updated 12 Apr 2008 , 4:11am by steplite

Lora-Ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lora-Ann Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 9

If you all wouldn't mind, I would love to know your tried and true strawberry mousse filling--you know the kind that people say "wow that is so good!!" I am planning on making my daughters graduation cake and I would love to impress all of the family and friends with it! I have been looking at different mousse recipes and I would just like you all wonderfully talented people out there to tell me what you think!
I would very much appreciate it!!!

8 replies
kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 9

here is a recipe for raspberry mousse (just substitute strawberry for the raspberry) i get rave compliments when i make it, its light, fluffy and delicious!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2030-Rasberry-mousse-filling-II.html

HTH!

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 10:55pm
post #3 of 9

Here is a good mousse recipe, in fact, I am making it right now...lol

2 boxes Vanilla (or french vanilla, or cheesecake or white chocolate, depending on the flavor you are going for) instant pudding (not sugar free)
1 Cup Whole Milk
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 tsp Brandy (optional)
8 oz frozen sliced strawberries (thawed and drained of juice) or fresh clean sliced strawberries

Chill KA mixing bowl and paddle attachment.

In another large bowl, mix pudding and milk until thickened. Fold in strawberries. Set aside.

Mix heavy whipping cream in chilled bowl on medium speed until light or soft peaks form. DO NOT OVERMIX, we don't want butter (at this time add in the brandy and whip for a few minutes longer). Fold whipping cream into pudding mixture. Chill for an hour. Spread between layers.

Can use any pudding/fruit mixture to suit your taste.

steplite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steplite Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 3:02am
post #4 of 9

I make something simular to "thedessertdiva" Only I add the instant pudding to the Cool whip and fold in the fruit. I use can pineapple or manderin oranges.

steplite Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 3:19am
post #5 of 9

I make something simular to "thedessertdiva" Only I add the instant pudding to the Cool whip and fold in the fruit. I use can pineapple or manderin oranges.

penguinprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penguinprincess Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 5:16pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by steplite

sounds yummy! i usually have cool whip in the freezer. How much pudding to how much cool whip do you use?

steplite Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 4:22am
post #7 of 9

I use the small box of vanilla pudding, the 12 oz. bowl of cool whip and a 21 oz. can crushed pinapple.(Don't drain the pineapple) Chill and enjoy!

penguinprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penguinprincess Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 2:57pm
post #8 of 9

Thank you for your info!! I will have to give it a try!

steplite Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 4:11am
post #9 of 9

Opps, The cool whip is 8oz's. It's the small bowl.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%