Flour & Sugar Storage?

Business By Rhienn Updated 6 Apr 2008 , 4:26am by Rhienn

Rhienn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhienn Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 6

Hi All -

I've been looking EVERYWHERE (Restaurant supplies, Cash & Carry, Sam's, Costco Business Center, etc.) for those large flour bins on casters. Anyone have a source I've not thought of? I really need something to contain these seven million lbs of flour I'm storing.

~rhi

5 replies
heathercarnold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heathercarnold Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 6

I think I remember seeing a 15lb food storage bin at IKEA, they even stack nicely! Or you could go to a restaurant supply store and get one of those large storage bins on wheels, they are pretty spendy though.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 3:59pm
post #3 of 6

Yes, IKEA does have storage that would work and someone on here gave me that idea, but I emailed them and they said they are not marked as food-grade plastic. Maybe if there is some sort of food-safe liner?

GFS sells them and so does Sam's Club I believe. Probably an order item, not one that they carry in the store all the time. Boy are they pricey though! I so want them. *sigh*

punkin712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkin712 Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 7:27pm
post #4 of 6

I recently purchase the vast majority of my bakery equipment, smallwares and storage (including the rolling Cambro ingredient bins) from www.bigtray.com

Customer service is fantastic, no sales tax (if you live outside of CA) and shipping is free for orders over $250. If you don't see what you are looking for on the website, send them an email or give them a call. They have alot more stuff than what's listed.

Good luck!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 9:18pm
post #5 of 6

Here's another source: http://www.equippers.com/shop/products.aspx?ret=1&pcid=28&scid=2830 Their shipping is VERY reasonable!! I dont' have bins exactly like these, but the ones I have will hold over 200 lbs of sugar or flour.

As mentioned above, be sure they are NSF rated or they "technically" can't be used for food storage. Unfortunately, I had to throw out my old "red plastic coffee can" system quite some time ago! icon_cry.gif

Rhienn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhienn Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 4:26am
post #6 of 6

Thanks SO much. You guys know everything! thumbs_up.gif

~rhi
www.lookcupcake.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%