Need Help.... Sister Is Going To Drive Me Crazy

Decorating By Jorre Updated 5 Apr 2008 , 7:17am by Amia

Jorre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jorre Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 6:05am
post #1 of 2

My lil sister is getting married in August and I am making her wedding cake. Her indecision is going to drive me to the looney bin though! If she told me she wanted X, Y and Z, I would be fine but oh nooooooo......

She wants a "plain, simple cake with no flowers, but lots of strawberries and a ribbon or border would be ok. No fondant except a minor decoration that could be easily picked off would be ok. Nothing "cutsey" or fancy, she would prefer white icing". When enquired as far as pillars or stacked, plates, stands I got "oh whatever, you can just figure something that looks nice" icon_cry.gif

She wants every layer to be a different flavor which I am fine with except the flavors she chose are Carrot, white w/Strawberry cream filling and Chocolate. She wants Cream-Cheese icing on the Carrot cake which is fine and I am sure that would be fine with the white cake but the chocolate? And strawberries to decorate a Carrot Cake, isn't that just going to be a very odd flavor combination?

I also have to make a Gluten-Free cake and a low-fat, diabetic cake for various family members that cannot eat regular cake so I think I will do those as the "Groom's" cake except the Groom is one of the diabetic's so they'll need to cut that one since he can't eat the one "she" wants to eat!

Any suggestions? I really want to do this for her... my family isn't all so thrilled about the wedding and are giving her a horrid time which I think is completely wrong so the last thing I want is to be a pain too! icon_cry.gif

1 reply
Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 7:17am
post #2 of 2

Wow. Well for the chocolate, are you saying she wants chocolate icing? If that's the case, maybe you could do a whipped white chocolate ganache? If she really wants simple, maybe you could do something like this:

http://www.eleganteating.com/catering/Photos/cake_wedding_strawberries.htm

Putting the strawberries on the cake like that means they won't necessarily be served with the cake. Or since they're chocolate dipped strawberries, one could be served with each cake slice and it wouldn't actually be ON the cake so it wouldn't affect the taste. If she doesn't want chocolate dipped strawberries (or you don't want to do them icon_wink.gif ) you could put a red ribbon around the middle tier (which would be the carrot cake, so no strawberries served with it) and use strawberries as the cake topper and as the border around the bottom tier.

HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%