Oval Cake Display & Topper

Decorating By kartmom Updated 5 Apr 2008 , 5:04am by simplysweet72740

kartmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kartmom Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 4:29am
post #1 of 2

We are having a 4 tier oval cake made for my in-laws 50th anniversary in July. The bakery did not have any oval cake plateaus & wasn't sure where to purchase/rent one. She did say since it was oval she didn't think a round cake ,plateau/stand would look right. I've looked all over & no luck. Any suggestions on how to display an oval cake? I was told it would have to be at least a 20x20 stand. I've thought about using a rectangle cake plateau & laying some sort of cloth over it to disquise the shape & color because most are silver which wouldn't go well w/the gold theme.

Also, any suggestions on a 50th cake topper? The ones I've seen online just don't quite catch my eye. Since they don't have their original cake topper, I thought about purchasing a frame, displaying their wedding picture in it & placing it on top w/possibly some flowers around it, but not sure what size or weight the frame should be.

I want this celebration to be perfect for my in-laws & any suggestions you can offer will be GREATLY appreciated.

1 reply
simplysweet72740 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweet72740 Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 5:04am
post #2 of 2

I'm pretty sure that they don't make an oval cake stand. What I would suggest is making your own. This seems to be very popular where I am at. Take the glass bricks that they use in bathroom windows and make them into a square shape on the table. On the inside of the square ad christmas lights, then cover with an appropriate sized piece of glass. They light will shine thru the glass and illuminate the cake.(Plus it will look gold) It is very pretty. For the topper I like what you have thought of or even
getting the monogram letters, I'm sure that you can order hem from your baker or a local cake shop. Good Luck I hope this helps!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%