Need Alittle Support ( Long )

Decorating By cheekysweets Updated 8 Apr 2008 , 1:50am by SweetResults

cheekysweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheekysweets Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 1:23am
post #1 of 5

This cake has so much negative energy for me and I am just not in the right frame of mind. I just need some CC emotional support. This was not the original design. It was to be a lavender cake with cream swags topped with a designer high heel pump. I received the details this past Monday (which I was asking for them for 3 weeks)and by the next day I knew I I couldn't make the shoe she wanted and I needed to get more supplies. But they did not want to pay extra for the shoe. So she got mad and said she needed to put something on the cake top. I have always given this person such a break on the prices. I had asked for weeks for the details and without seeing the shoe I gave her a price without charging for the shoe. That was my mistake so now after she found out there was not going to be a shoe she asked if I could make a bow or something for the top.(for free). I just decorated the cake as I went and now it is so far from the original I don't know what to think of it.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1206078&done=1

Just some opinions
Thanks Maria

4 replies
lolabunny7178 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lolabunny7178 Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 1:30am
post #2 of 5

I recently did a cake that was far from the original design, I was just sick over it. I wouldn't even deliver it. I made my mom, (she's a decorator too and they didn't know who would be delivering the cake anyway...)

Everyone loved it. I just knew it was a complete disaster and it turned out that everything was fine. Hopefully your customer will feel the same way, it is a beautiful cake.

Lolabunny7178[/img]

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 1:36am
post #3 of 5

I can't get the pic to load but from the thumbnail in your album it looks good. For the top did you consider making a fondant cutout of a shoe & put a icing/frosting sheet pic on it? You could mount a sucker stick on it and stand it up.

cheekysweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheekysweets Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 1:41am
post #4 of 5

I had given many other options for a shoe that would be similar but she just wanted that particular shoe that just cannot be made life size in gumpaste. It had to that shoe and I just couldn't make it . And that makes me mad too because I could have made something nice she just wanted me to spend hours and hours on it and give it to her for free.

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:50am
post #5 of 5

I think it looks lovely - and I would LOVE to have your kitchen! LOL!

Don't stress over it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%