Can't Add Pudding Sooo....

Decorating By thedessertdiva Updated 5 Apr 2008 , 3:24am by dandelion56602

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 11:12pm
post #1 of 3

What else can I do to a pillsbury mix (devils food) to enhance its taste? I know there are about 5 bazillion forum posts out there about this, but I cannot wait for the search feature to get its (explative...lol) in gear and stop timing out.

While I am on the hunt, how about a good extender/addition ot a BC carrot cake mix? I looked at the recipe on the box, sounds ok, but I like a denser cake, so any suggestions???

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 1:24am
post #2 of 3

Why can't you add pudding? Some people have added about 1 tsp vanilla to mixes. For choco you could add 1/4 to 1/2 tsp almond; replace the liquid w/coffee.
As for a good extender/addition to BC carrot - use the WASC recipe. I've used that recipe w/almost every cake flavor made w/good results.
The recipe I use is:
1 box cake mix
1 cup flour
1 cup granulated sugar
dash salt (I almost always forget this)
3 whole eggs
1 1/3 cup liquid (usually water)
1 cup sour cream

Mix dry ingredients well. Place 'wet ingredients' in mixer bowl; add dry mixture and proceed as you always do for any box cake.
This makes a moist, slightly dense, yummmy cake.
For carrot cake I would use (all or part) pineapple juice as the liquid.

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 3:24am
post #3 of 3

I wouldn't use pudding w/ pillsbury or BC b/c they already have it. I've done it & it wasn't pretty. Another thing I've used is Dream Whip---I just beat it for the regular time not the 4 min the DW box recommends.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%