Singing Praises!!! I Love Imbc!

Decorating By cassi_g16 Updated 22 Apr 2008 , 4:51am by melysa

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 3:08pm
post #91 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

Mmmmm.. I have made banana's foster cupcakes before.. SOOOOOOOOOOOO good. Vanilla cake with carmelized banana made with butter, brown sugar and rum mixed in. Then soak with a rum simple syrup.. top with a thin layer or praline filling and top with brown sugar SMBC and a caramelized slice of banana. My husband almost died when he ate them. icon_lol.gif

Is the brown sugar SMBC the same as your caramel SMBC? Just replacing the white sugar with brown?

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 1:22am
post #92 of 93

It sure is. icon_biggrin.gif It's really good!!

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 4:51am
post #93 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalman

That's the thing.. vanilla extract is the same proof as vodka.. so if you have no issue putting a few TBSP's of vanilla in something a few TBSP's of creme de menthe or something like that really isn't any different regarding alcohol content. .....THEN we might have drunken kids running around.

is THAT why my kids walk into things after eating cupcakes at my house??? icon_wink.gif

some friends of ours were here for dinner one night and we were having wine with our meal. when the bottle was empty, the men jokingly got on my case for not having more so i brought up the vanilla thing..... everyone dared this guy to drink vanilla. um, he did. now its kind of a joke when he's acting stupid that he's been sneaking the vanilla again. LOL.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%