Tiered Cake - What Sizes?

Decorating By DeezCakes Updated 4 Apr 2008 , 5:46pm by pjaycakes

DeezCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeezCakes Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 3:05pm
post #1 of 3

I am doing the cake for a friend's wedding. I will be having centerpiece cakes for each of the tables, and I was going to make a tiered cake for the bride and groom for the cake-cutting pictures (this cake would also serve the attendants).

My question is this: the cake does not need to serve many people (less than 20), but I really want the cake pictures to turn out well for the Bride and Groom. Which cake sizes do you think would be best. I wanted it to be a 3-tiered cake. The design is simple. Gerbera Daisy bouquet on the top, ribbon around the base of each tier, and one or two gerbera daisies on each tier as well.

Thanks!

~Dionne

2 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 3:35pm
post #2 of 3

If the cake is only to serve at most 20 people, I don't think a 3-tiered cake is going to be possible - especially with the decor that you want to do.

I use Earlene's serving chart, so I would do a 2-tiered, 8" and 6". This would give you 23 servings, a little more than you need, but the only thing I could think of. This is a baby shower cake I did that are those dimensions.
http://geocities.com/kreacioneskity/images/bshower2.jpg

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 3

You could make on or more of the tiers dummy cakes. Do they want to keep the top for their anniversary? If so, then make the 10" a dummy and make the 8" (24 servings) for the guests and the 6" cake for them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%