How To Find A Commerical Kitchen To Rent?

Business By sweetsbyl Updated 4 Apr 2008 , 5:49pm by nicolesplace

sweetsbyl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbyl Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:59pm
post #1 of 5

I live in FL, Iâm a Teacher, and I love to bake and decorate cakes. I sell my cakes to family, friends, and co-workers. I âm not licensed because FL does not allow licensed home bakers, unless there is a separate kitchen. For example, convert garage or patio into kitchen or build a separate building on property. I would like to get licensed but I do not want to rent a store front or add a kitchen to my home.
Does anyone know how to go about finding a commercial kitchen to rent?
Also, about how much is it to rent?
This way I can get licensed, bake my cakes there and have consultations in my house.
Thanks!

4 replies
amberlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberlicious Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 2:13pm
post #2 of 5

I was actually coming here this morning to ask the same question- plus a couple more regarding commercial kitchens. I hope it's okay that I ask here?

How much to you pay to rent your commercial kitchen? How much do you use it? Do the two correlate? What about baking stuff- do you haul it back and forth or do you have a section to store stuff in the kitchen? What about equipment? Do you have your own or use the kitchens (bowls, mixers etc).

peardream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peardream Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 2:53pm
post #3 of 5

sweetsbyl,

where in FL are you? i've been having the same issue of finding a commerical kitchen. i found one but it was too far away from my house. she told me the going rate is 20/hr....i live in sarasota.

i posted an ad of craigslist looking for commercial kitchen. i got some replies but again, they were all over 30 miles away from my house.

good luck in your search.

sweetsbyl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbyl Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 4:04pm
post #4 of 5

I live in Central FL.

nicolesplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolesplace Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 5:49pm
post #5 of 5

I am in Canada but, the kitchen I will be using is in a local gelato place. They only use the kitchen to make the gelato & some paninis. He was very receptive to it - it works out well for him. If someone is going to pick up a cake, they just might buy some gelato to go with and vice versa.

Do you have anything like htat around? Or maybe a restaurant that is only open for breakfast & lunch? The kitchen would be vacant in the evenings. Churches are another good place to inquire.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%