Question About Choco. Dipped Pretzels

Decorating By sprtd76 Updated 6 Apr 2008 , 6:04am by JEM530

sprtd76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sprtd76 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 12:56pm
post #1 of 7

In the coming weeks, I have several events for my children's schools that have requested choco. dipped pretzels. My question is if I start making these now, can I freeze them? Also when they thaw out, will the pretzel loose it's crunch and become soggy. How far in advance can I do this? TIA for any help you can give me.

Thx,
Beth

6 replies
sprtd76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sprtd76 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 7

Please, is there anyone that can answer my questions? I don't want to spend or waste $ trying to do this if it isn't going to work. TIA for helping me.

jobartwo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobartwo Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 7

I have frozen choc. covered pretzels and have had no problem with them being mushy when they thaw. The only thing is, they do lose some of their sheen. You could always buy the edible laquer, but it is about $30/can. Hope this helps.

oliveoyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oliveoyle Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 6:47pm
post #4 of 7

now I don't know about freezing them I would think they would get soggy but I could be wrong it wouldn't be the first time icon_lol.gif But I do know that when I make these around the holidays ( I always add them to my cookei trays at christmas cause everyone seems to love them)I put them in air tight containers and they will last a week easy just on the counter, they may last longer I don't know never tried.HTH icon_smile.gif

babybundt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babybundt Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 7

i do choc. covered pretzels for the holidays. i make them weeks in advance. i place them in the large popcorn tins that i line with an unscented trash bag. i make sure the bag is totally closed over. they stay fresh. i have never had a prblem with them. i hope this helps..........

MessiET Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessiET Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 5:33pm
post #6 of 7

When I make chocolate covered pretzels, I bag them using pretzel rod bags that I have purchased from www.thebakerskitchen.net. I either use a length of ribbon to close the top or use a twist-tie. They stay fresh a long time sealed this way and look great!

JEM530 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JEM530 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 6:04am
post #7 of 7

I made some choc covered pretzels for the holidays and I put them in pretzel bags that I got at the craft store. I kept them in my pantry and they kept without a problem for a few weeks. I would just make sure that where ever you store them is not too warm or doesn't have any temperature changes that would melt the chocolate. HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%