What Are Your Thoughts On This?

Decorating By nikki72905 Updated 4 Apr 2008 , 11:13am by lovetofrost

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 7:38am
post #1 of 7

I would love your thoughts on this...

My best friend is having her second child baptised on April 13th, she is also having a house warming party the same day. I would love to make a small cake for the baptism, and something for the house warming. Does anyone have any ideas that would be "fathemable" in this short time? I have looked on the galleries for ideas, but I am still pretty new but willing to try anything. For the House warming I would LOVE to make something along the lines of Our home is our Castle, Their last name is Prince. I am the Godmother to her first child.

Any ideas would greatly be appriciated, I have not said anything to my best friend about me making a cake or possibly cookies also. I want to make sure I can get it done first, however, if they get a cake from somewhere I am not worried about "too much" cake, because they can eat it later (they have a big extended family with a few step children also)

Thank you!!
Nikki

6 replies
pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 9:51am
post #2 of 7

Maybe a small castle cake and you can decorate it sort of for a baptism (I'm not real sure what kind of decorations that would be, because I never made a baptism cake). Wilton has a castle kit that is pretty self explanatory. You basically just make the main castle part out of cake and the towers are plastic that you cover in fondant or you can leave them plastic. Just my suggestion, maybe someone else has a better one.

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 9:58am
post #3 of 7

Looking at pjcakes suggestion, that was my thought this morning, when I read your request.

A two tier cake made into a castle with the baby incorporated into the
theme. Not too sure of how you will do this, possibly the baby on the
top tier of the castle.......??

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 10:20am
post #4 of 7

I would do something more along the lines of " Welcome baby Prince to our new Castle" and make it more about the baby...but that's just me. LOVE babies!! icon_biggrin.gif Simple on a sheet cake or tiered is fine...maybe done in traditional blue with a crown on top or something like that. You could even put bc grass around the bottom of the cake and if you have time, make a picket fence out of gum past or fondant and place that around the bottom. icon_smile.gif

meegz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meegz Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 10:24am
post #5 of 7

Oooh, I like that idea yummymummy.... 2 tiers, bottom picket fence and grass, top with the baby welcome.... I think it'd be lovely!!! make sure you post pics when you're done!! I'd love to see what you decide!!!

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 10:59am
post #6 of 7

What about the Wilton house pan? I think that is always cute for a housewarming and put something like Welcome to our castle where God is always present and put a cross over the front door of the house. Just a thought!
Melissa

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 11:13am
post #7 of 7

I like the house is our castle idea. Maybe have a welcome to our castle and the house idea with a ribbon on the door for the gender of the new child?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%