Different Types Of Swirl

Decorating By jamielittle Updated 7 Apr 2008 , 1:11am by lovetofrost

jamielittle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamielittle Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 11:48pm
post #1 of 10

Do you think you can make different types of marble cake? Like, could I make a strawberry cake and swirl chocolate cake into it? Would it work the same was as a fidge marble type cake?

9 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 11:51pm
post #2 of 10

yes you can...and those flavor combinations are great together...strawberry and chocolate. icon_smile.gif

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 8:58pm
post #3 of 10

Yes, you absolutely can! I love making swirl cakes. In fact, on my price list, under flavors, one of the options is "Marble (any two flavors)". icon_smile.gif My favorite swirl combo is strawberry and lemon (strawberry lemonade cake). icon_smile.gif Your idea of strawberry and chocolate sounds yummy, too! thumbs_up.gif

misha35 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misha35 Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 10

I never thought of it, but what a yummy idea!!!!

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 9:11pm
post #5 of 10

icon_biggrin.gif my favorite is a toss up, orange and vanilla (creamsicle) or strawberry and vanilla. I am wanting to try one with either a chocolate fudge and mocha w/splash of kahula. icon_rolleyes.gif

I can't wait to hear more yummy combos!!!

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 9:16pm
post #6 of 10

I have never done a cake like that. It is the batter correct? Any quick and easy tips for a fist timer?

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 9:25pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommicakes

icon_biggrin.gif my favorite is a toss up, orange and vanilla (creamsicle) or strawberry and vanilla. I am wanting to try one with either a chocolate fudge and mocha w/splash of kahula. icon_rolleyes.gif

I can't wait to hear more yummy combos!!!

oooh...i never thought of orange and vanilla...make me think of a creamsicle!
i'm not really a fan of vanilla, but with these two flavors together...i think i will be now!! icon_eek.gif

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 9:38pm
post #8 of 10

I made a white cake and subbed mudslide flavored liquid coffee creamer for the water and it's yummy. I think I'm going to do that with a chocolate/vanilla swirl next time.

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 10:36pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetofrost

I have never done a cake like that. It is the batter correct? Any quick and easy tips for a fist timer?

It's super easy ... just make two different kinds of batter. Then, put about half of one flavor in the pan(s), and then drop spoonfuls of the other batter here and there in the pan. Then, do the same thing again until you've put all of both batters in the pan. Take a knife and swirl the batters around in the pan (but not too much, because then it will just be all mixed together instead of swirled). That's it! thumbs_up.gif

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 1:11am
post #10 of 10

thanks cakesbyjess, that sounds simple enough.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%