Opinions Wanted Please

Decorating By jenlg Updated 4 Apr 2008 , 1:08am by jenlg

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone...I've been trying and trying to get my fondant roses right. These are my latest ones. I want to be able to get a more "open & soft" look but haven't been able too. Would gumpaste or 50/50 work better? Please tell me what you think of these. Are they ok..need changed..am I doing anything wrong? Thanks everyone!
LL

5 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 11:52pm
post #2 of 6

these are gorgeous. my only advice would be to thin out the edges a bit, but as far as i can see you've done a great job. icon_smile.gif

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 12:03am
post #3 of 6

They look great! I also agree that thinning the edges out would make them more life like. They look good they way they are right now, so keep up the good work! icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 12:22am
post #4 of 6

I think the two on the right look best, and the upper right corner is THE best. The bottom left one has the petals lined up with each other, rather than being offset a bit. Regardless, I think you've done a great job! I don't do fondant or gumpaste so I am in total awe of what you've done, and very envious of your talent! thumbs_up.gif

lauralee422 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauralee422 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 12:35am
post #5 of 6

Wow they look really great, I''m still very new at this so I'd say I have a novice cview of things, but i think they're incredible!!

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:08am
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone. I tried to get them as thin as I could at the edges but I was using leftover mmf and it kept wanting to crack. After I started gluing the second layer of petals I realized the one indydebi mentioned was all lined up. Opps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%