I'm So Excited!

Decorating By Amia Updated 11 Apr 2008 , 12:11am by Amia

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 11:29pm
post #1 of 25

My Sugarshack DVD came today! Now I can FINALLY learn how to make a really smooth cake! Okay, I'm gonna go watch it now! icon_biggrin.gif

And my future hubby bought me my KA! I have to wait for it to arrive though and I'm not a patient person!

24 replies
step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 11:39pm
post #2 of 25

good for you! Sounds exciting! Let us know what you think!

Amia Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 6:52am
post #3 of 25

I think sugarshack is a genius! That DVD is probably the best purchase I've made so far in my cake decorating venture. She is so cute too, seems like a really genuine person. Can't wait to try out her method (or to get my KA icon_biggrin.gif ).

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 8:35pm
post #4 of 25

Congrats show us your work when you learn how to do something new.

Amia Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 10:55pm
post #5 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by poshcakedesigns

Congrats show us your work when you learn how to do something new.

Oh I def. will! icon_biggrin.gif And I LOVE that black and white cake under your name.

chefcindy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefcindy Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 11:16pm
post #6 of 25

This is off the subject, but I think you are a patient person if your wedding is in 1 year and 3 weeks! icon_smile.gif
I need to get some videos and freshen up a bit!

Prudence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Prudence Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 11:35pm
post #7 of 25

PLEASE let us know what you think! I definitely need to discover my love for buttercream. If it's worth it, I may buy it too!!

Amia Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 12:18am
post #8 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefcindy

This is off the subject, but I think you are a patient person if your wedding is in 1 year and 3 weeks! icon_smile.gif
I need to get some videos and freshen up a bit!

The wedding is in a year...the marriage is happening in 3 weeks. We don't have a lot of money with two babies, so we're saving up icon_smile.gif But actually, I'm really excited about PLANNING the wedding because being a wedding planner is like my dream job! I love everything about it...even the stress!

And that DVD is awesome. I highly recommend it to EVERYONE! It looks like it might take a couple of tries to get it perfected, but I'm baking up a few 6 in. rounds as I type this, so I can practice, practice, practice!

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 12:29am
post #9 of 25

congratulations on getting a ka, my hubby got mine 2 yrs ago for Christmas and I LOVE it.

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 12:41am
post #10 of 25

congrats on the video and the KA. I got a KA (Professional 600) as a wedding present... all of our friends got together and bought me one!!! Whoot! I LOVE it. Mine holds 3 cake mixes like a dream, and beats through a batch of MMF like nobody's business. icon_smile.gif I don't dread MMF anymore! Yay!!! (my old mixer used to take a stroll around the counter if I wasn't holding onto it, when MMF was needed...)

Definitely let us know about the icing video... I use the Melvira method right now, but am always willing to learn new tricks. icon_smile.gif

Amia Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 6:28am
post #11 of 25

Thanks! I'm so antsy about my KA...if it isn't here soon, I'll go crazy! (see no patience icon_biggrin.gif) The Melvira method is great...I was doing that and the Viva, but Sugarshack's method is more than just achieving smooth icing. It's a great method for creating a perfectly level cake with crisp edges. I really think it's going to make the difference in my cakes going from an amateur look to a professional one.

bwonderful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bwonderful Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 7:06am
post #12 of 25

I was so wishing I had sugarshacks videos tonight when I was having a nightmare of a time on a cake. If you like a cake with a droopy corner and airy icing.. then I have the perfect one for you! Congrats on your KA, you'll love it.

Amia Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 7:45pm
post #13 of 25

So several days later, I finally get to try out sugarshack's method...not perfected, had streaking from the colors (my mixer sucks, KA where are you?), had lots of lovely air bubbles (couldn't justify making a huge batch of icing icon_sad.gif), and no foil to cover my cake board...oh well. I think if the colors had been completely mixed and there had been no air bubbles, this would've looked much better. Let me know what you think!
LL

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 4:19am
post #14 of 25

It looks great! I don't see any air at all. You should be so proud! congrats!

clsilvus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clsilvus Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 4:36am
post #15 of 25

I think your cake looks great. Way smoother and crisper than I can get mine....I just might have to get this dvd!

bigmama1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigmama1961 Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 4:44am
post #16 of 25

great job! hang on girl that ka will be there soon dont panic.lol

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 11:34am
post #17 of 25

I've ordered one too. Still I'm waiting for it. I'ver been really patient, but I feel like I'm going to burst any minute now.

Amia Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 11:41pm
post #18 of 25

Thanks everyone! icon_biggrin.gif My KA still isn't here though...I think my FI might've lied to me icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Oh well, as long as I get it soon no one will be hurt icon_evil.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 11:55pm
post #19 of 25

Sugarshack's DVDs are worth every penny!

JuneHawk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JuneHawk Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 12:04am
post #20 of 25

Where can I get the DVDs? Is this from the UK's Sugarshack?

MegWinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MegWinn Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 12:06am
post #21 of 25

Here here! Shugarshack is the best! I have her Fondant DVD and she makes it look so easy...practice, practice, practice! DO you think it's appropriate to put her BC DVD on my baby shower present list? Shugarshack do you sell your DVD's at Babies R US? Hmmmm...I don't think anyone will buy that the baby will need it...(hard-de-har!).

dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 12:08am
post #22 of 25

JuneHawk -here's the link for Sugarschack, she's from the US!
http://www.sugaredproductions.com/

I have to agree these videos are worth every penny! These the only cake videos I own.

JuneHawk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JuneHawk Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 12:10am
post #23 of 25

thanks!

biancas_mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biancas_mommy Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 12:10am
post #24 of 25

your cake looks great! i started using sugarshack's bc recipe when i found cakecentral (the day my caking life changed forever, lol). and it's made suuuuuch a difference in my icing. i think it's time to take the plunge and buy the dvd! oh and you're going to love that kitchenaid! kitchenaid and sugarshack took me to a new level in cake decorating. two indispensible resources. icon_smile.gif

Amia Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 12:11am
post #25 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegWinn

Here here! Shugarshack is the best! I have her Fondant DVD and she makes it look so easy...practice, practice, practice! DO you think it's appropriate to put her BC DVD on my baby shower present list? Shugarshack do you sell your DVD's at Babies R US? Hmmmm...I don't think anyone will buy that the baby will need it...(hard-de-har!).

She certainly is! And they should be at Bed Bath & Beyond too, so I can add it to my wedding registry! Too bad Michael's doesn't have a registry either... icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%