Up Close To A Character Wedding Cake

Decorating By aine2 Updated 6 Apr 2008 , 12:39am by beachcakes

aine2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aine2 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 8:33pm
post #1 of 17

I intended to show how I used confectioner glaze on the bride and groom on this cake as I'm often asked what I do with the glaze. However, after chatting and filming I got the job done only to realise afterwards that I had the sound muted! icon_lol.gif Never mind, I show you the cake I finished today anyway just for fun. icon_wink.gif

16 replies
beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 11:42pm
post #2 of 17

Awesome, as usual Lorraine! Do you make your confectioner's glaze or do you purchase it?

aine2 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 11:52pm
post #3 of 17

Cheers missus. I buy the glaze. It's a pain to clean off your brush which is why I use one specific brush for this purpose. It cleans well with Isopropyl Alcohol first then rinsed under cold water. If you use warm or hot water it turns into a chewing gum consistency and is just awful. You can get the alcohol from the chemist. thumbs_up.gif

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 11:55pm
post #4 of 17

Wow I love your stuff. This cake is sooo adorable and such attention to details. Like the flowers in the brides hair and her gown is perfect. Great job as usual aine.

WendyLaLa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyLaLa Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 12:15am
post #5 of 17

Just lovely, fantasticaly lovely!!!!! I wish I had your talent. The bridal gown is just wonderful!!!! All I can say is WOW!!! Amazing!
LaLa

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 12:20am
post #6 of 17

It's just not the same without hearing you. You know me... I've got to have my Lorraine fix or I get cranky! icon_wink.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 12:43am
post #7 of 17

Amazing! And such attention to details! I wish I had just a touch of your talent!! Just Beautiful ! Thanks for the video !

JenJen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenJen1 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 12:52am
post #8 of 17

Absolutely beautiful. THANK YOU for sharing thumbs_up.gif

eneq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eneq Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 4:15am
post #9 of 17

you are such a great inspiration and an amazing artist!

i'm glad i stumbled on this post cause i was wondering how to get that glossy look on fondant. do u know if u can create this gloss with something other than the store bought glaze?

aine2 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 8:52am
post #10 of 17

Thank you everybody. Melivira, I hope you are keeping well. thumbs_up.gif

As for glazing with anything else, I'm not sure that there is anything that will do this for you without buying the confectioner glaze for the job. It's not an essential part of the decor but I like to use it on shoes and dogs and bears noses! Anything that needs a little highlight. It's particularly good if you are using silver lustre on things.....like buckets or tools. It makes the very little things look quite realistic. icon_smile.gif

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 9:17am
post #11 of 17

I didn't know you can get the IPA from a pharmacy... I'll bet it's a much cheaper way of buying it than the cake decorating shop??

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 9:56am
post #12 of 17

I love your characters, they are so cute!

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 10:23am
post #13 of 17

Hi Lorraine, another lovely and amazing cake and adorabel figures. Thank you so much for sharing.

By the way Lorraine, have you started on your Bride and Groom tutorials? Looking forward to it.

Thanks again!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 11:22am
post #14 of 17

that is the most adorable bride! All of that detail is just amazing. You are amazing!

aine2 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:28pm
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashini

Hi Lorraine, another lovely and amazing cake and adorabel figures. Thank you so much for sharing.

By the way Lorraine, have you started on your Bride and Groom tutorials? Looking forward to it.

Thanks again!

Cheers and more cheers from me! thumbs_up.gif I am holding off on the bride and groom tutorial as I have plans to make a DVD and this would be the topic of my choice so it is still in the discussion stages. These things are slow! icon_confused.gif However, the next tutorial will be a man in a kilt and work will begin later this month. Don't look for it before August though. If I can have it finished before then I shall but the coming weeks are busy. I'll keep you informed through my blog though. icon_wink.gif

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 10:49am
post #16 of 17

Hi Lorraine, Good Luck with your tutorial and the DVD.

Take Care.

Regards

Bashini.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 12:39am
post #17 of 17

Ohh how wonderful - I can't wait for the DVD!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%