Combined Birthdays 50Th And 75Th

Decorating By gersie123 Updated 6 Apr 2008 , 1:12am by gersie123

gersie123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gersie123 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 5

Hey everyone. My brother just turned 50 and my Dad is turning 75, so we are having a family dinner to celebrate the 2 birthdays, and I would like to make one cake only, tiers are fine. My brother is a business man and I had an idea to do a briefcase with money sticking out. However, my Dad was a baker and I had no ideas for his, or how to combine the 2. They are both named Jim, but are very different guys, one likes football, the other soccer, one a world traveller, one an author. icon_confused.gif
There will only be about 20 people to feed.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. The due date is april 9th

4 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 8:13pm
post #2 of 5

My mom and her husband have birthdays near each other, so one year they visited in their birthday month and I made them one small cake. I combined their ages to say something like "Happy 146th Birthday!" You could write "Happy 125th Birthday, Jims!" and put their favorite items made out of fondant as a border around the bottom of the cake. Little soccer balls, briefcases, footballs, stuff like that.

Post a pic when you get it done so we can see what you decided to do!

Deanna

bwonderful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bwonderful Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 8:17pm
post #3 of 5

why don't you make a briefcase with money like you suggested but them put a mixing bowl filled with batter and a wooden spoon on top of the briefcase. You could even have splotches of batter dropping onto the briefcase. It'd be a crazy cake but probably cute. Or you could make a two layer cake that's green and make different sports balls to hold up the second tier. Put on soccer ball, baseball, and basket ball. That will include both their sports.

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 9:28pm
post #4 of 5

Toomuchcake, I LOVE that idea! HA! Almost regardless of what else you did, you could put that inscription on it... icon_biggrin.gif

gersie123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gersie123 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 1:12am
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the ideas guys. I think I will go with the briefcase/suitcase of money for my brother, and I don't quite know how i would make the bowl of batter for on top, so I may just go with a book. My dad recently published a triology of books and I'll put the title of the series on the book. I really like some of the books I have seen on here. Now if I use luster dust for the lettering, do I first write with buttercream or royal?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%