Any Advise Will Be Most Apprecative

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 7 Apr 2008 , 8:17am by xstitcher

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 10

Hello to all my great CC buddies, i have learned so much from you guys and want to thank each one , this is my question , i am not quite satisified with my icing techniques although i am some what better than a year ago does any one else feel this way?? and i have heard so much about Sugarhshaks dvds what is your take on this has anyone bought them and did they help?? and if i decided to get them what is her website?
Many Thanks to all of you ,

9 replies
plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 10

Oh honey...

For SURE get the DVD's... Some of it is common sense that you will feel silly that you didn't think of it... icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gif And some of it is pure inspiration that she gathered over years of caking. icon_biggrin.gif Her style of teaching is great. I keep watching them over and over again, because no matter how close I watch, there is something else that I pick up the next time. There are definitely Ahhh Haaaa!!! moments. It still takes practice, but it will come...

I have the Buttercream and Fondant DVD's, and they are worth EVERY PENNY!!! thumbs_up.gif I am not so patiently waiting on my pre-paid copy of Stacking! icon_smile.gif

Go for it!
Pat

cakebaker1957 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 10

Thank You i will , when you preorder do you pay at that time? Her cakes are awesome

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 7:06pm
post #4 of 10

Here DVD's are amazing and definately worth the money. She whosw you every step and nothing is left to the imagination. I've watched the BC and the fondant and learned a lot from both of them. If you do a member search her website is in her signature line.

dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 7:06pm
post #5 of 10

http://www.sugaredproductions.com/
Here's her site. I have the b/c and fondant videos. I highly recommend them! SHe is so talented and teaches well!

deanwithana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanwithana Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 7:08pm
post #6 of 10

Oh my goodness!!!! There is a ton to learn in the BC DVD.....I just got it and made my first batch yesterday......my hate for BC has now changed!!!!

I just ordered the Fondant video and some tools today!!!! I can't wait!!!

Definitely recommend the BC video and I am anticipating (from the reviews) that the Fondant will be just the same!!!

cakebaker1957 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 7:12pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks to all, i did order it so how can i track it ??

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 7:13pm
post #8 of 10

I have the Buttercream DVD and give it a thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif up!

bake-A-cake00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bake-A-cake00 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 7:17pm
post #9 of 10

I just ordered the buttercream dvd and bench scraper and I can't wait for them to arrive!! I have heard only GREAT things about her dvd's, and from the looks of her cakes she know's what she's doing!!! http://www.sharonssugarshack.com/

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 8:17am
post #10 of 10

Let me know what you think if you do get them. I'd love to order them but I have already spent a small fortune (and still spending icon_biggrin.gif ) on supplies as I just started decorating a month ago.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%