Wanting To Do The Wedding Cake Cookie And Need Help

Baking By disneynutbsv Updated 3 Apr 2008 , 4:24pm by KellJ

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 12:58pm
post #1 of 7

I want to put initials on the cake in the middle tier and was wondering if there was a stencil or something to use to make it look ok. I don't have the best handwriting and was trying to figure out how it would lookicon_smile.gif
Thanks!

6 replies
lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 1:12pm
post #2 of 7

would they be directly on the side of the cake? If so, I would print out the initials in the font I want and trace it in piping gel and put on the side of the cake, then trace in icing. hope this helps.

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 1:15pm
post #3 of 7

Make sure you trace the initial IN REVERSE onto parchment paper, and then transfer it to the cake by turning it over on the cake and gently brushing the back of the parchment paper with a damp paintbrush. Good luck!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 1:18pm
post #4 of 7

I have a kopykake projector so I use that!

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:58pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

I have a kopykake projector so I use that!

What is that?

stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 4:10pm
post #6 of 7

I think a stencil is a great idea for a cookie. You can look at Michael's in the scrap booking section to find a font you like. You could also try a stamp with the initials on it, just use food coloring as the ink.

KellJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellJ Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 4:24pm
post #7 of 7

Are you doing this on a cake or on cookies? If you are doing it on cookies are you using royal icing or rolled buttercream?? Wilton does make a stencil set that would work good on a cookie. I am actually making the wedding cake cookies as we speak and I am going to put the brides initial on the top tier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%