Saying Goodbye

Lounge By ShirleyW Updated 1 May 2008 , 12:09am by lovely

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 4:30am
post #121 of 132

After 8 pages of this, you'd think somebody would lock it.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 4:42am
post #122 of 132

I ask the same from the administrator..lock it!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 7:44am
post #123 of 132

It probably hasn't been locked because it doesn't really need to be. The furor is dying down, and with Shirley's response I have seen a greater level of understanding and compassion in most of the posts. I.e. it's running its course naturally. Ironically, every time you post to say "shouldn't this be locked" you bump it to the top! LOL, I just did it too icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gif.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 1:54pm
post #124 of 132

Well!! I'm not surprised at this thread! Leave Shirley alone & move on! I've been in the "limelight" of CC & stuff like this always happens. People who contribute alot to CC seem to always get picked on & or challenged in these stupid threads! That's why I don't post much! That's Shirley's personal choice to leave CC & her personal choice to do it the way she did. NUFF SAID!!!!!! There's no reason to question why she did it! For crying out loud!! Everyone makes choices in life & guess what?? People have to deal with it! She did! If you can't oh well... MOVE ON!!!!! You should take a look at yourself before you start judging others! That's all I'm gonna say about that!

Ya'll make me soooooo mad!!!

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 12:13am
post #125 of 132

Bye

Janette Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 12:16am
post #126 of 132

Response on locking a thread:

This is a huge peeve of mine. No one other than the person that started the thread should ask that it be locked.

If you don't like the thread then don't click on it.

What gives any member here the right to make that decision? Just don't click on it!!!!!!!!!!

chezz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chezz Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 6:47am
post #127 of 132

I can't for the life of me understand the nastiness that Shirley's leaving has created in some. Her friends wish her well, the others, well they obviously have never had the pleasure of Shirley's helpfulness given without a second thought. Unfortunately, it is the unkindness that will be remembered and will probably give her second thoughts on returning.
If the only reason she decided to look elsewhere for the company and an outlet for her helpfulness was because of the unreliablity of the site (no offense to the creators, you DO do a great job and I am sure Shirley did not intend to offend you) I am sure the vitriol that her goodbye engendered will live in her memory longer than the problems with the site.
Good luck, Shirley, on whatever or wherever you decide to do or go. Your friends will miss you I am sure. Others will gain by your experience.

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 3:32pm
post #128 of 132

I had not checked this post after I wrote my intial post.

I think my wording may have been wrong. In no way do I think a newbie is not important. I myself am no expert by any means.
I have indirectly learned so much from all of Shirley's postings. I have learned from others, but more from her than anyone else on this site.
She is important to this site. She is like the Norm of Cheers. Everyone knows her name. I am sad to see her go.

bigsisof3kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigsisof3kids Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 11:10pm
post #129 of 132

*(hugs)* Shirley! I've always seen you as my "Cake" Grandma, even though we've never met. I thank you so much for all the advice you have given to all of us here!
~Beth

Mandica12182 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mandica12182 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 2:23am
post #130 of 132

This is all just soo sad...Sorry to see you go Shirley...Seems you were a great asset to this site.

Janette Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:51am
post #131 of 132

You will be missed you helped so many people.

Not that this applies to your story.

I use to be on here everyday a couple hours a day. Then it became so frustrating to get on I'm rarely here these days.

I knew the site was being worked on and just patiently waited. The site is "free" and I can't tell you how much members have helped me.

I do miss some of the older members that seemed to have left. But, maybe they are waiting like me and we will all be together again.

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 1 May 2008 , 12:09am
post #132 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynm701

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Julzs71..I did notice that people that are being a bit rude are newer in CC.

For those who never had the chance in talking to Shirley , I tell you this.. She is a wonderful person..
And she deserves some respect. Theres a reason for why she is feeling disapointment.. Instead of hitting her with rude remarks, why not say... we understand. Hope you feel better and change your mind.
I am glad I met her through CC. She is wonderful and she always had a helping hand or an advise for those who needed it. She would even take the time to send emails to people explaing how to do things.
In my book..that something that I appreciate and I never took lightly. She took the time to do it!
If you never met her you might not understand this and might not even care. but please there is no reason to put people down. People in CC had alway use the forums to vent when something is wrong. Just let it be ..
Edna

you've only been a member for less than a year yourself. I am a newbie, but only because I haven't had as much time as others to post on these forums. The status of "newbie" is according to how many posts you have, not your skill level. Not all "newbies" are rude. I take offense to the comments laying blame on "newbie".

Well the term newbie comes not necesarily for the amount of time you been in CC. Is basically how much time you take to support the forums. The amounts of times you come sit down and try to help people with their questions. Yes I have less than a year but I come here every single day and try to answer questions in the forums and try to give a hand to those who are learning. And I saw and spoke to Shirley a lot of timesin the forums and through emails.
I teach classes and I do lots of weddinds every week. My portfolio and my website will let you know that. And again is not about the lenght of years. Is basically about a valuable person that spend her time answering questions and giving really valuable information to the people that come to CC.

I love CC and You get to know your regulars..Indydeby, Dragonflydreams, Melvira, Sugarshack, Ceshell, Carolann, Steponmi, JenifferM and so many others that are always around giving a hand to people who are learning. All I say is..
we need to appreciate this people. They dont really have to do this and as everybody knows, sitting down in here takes time and effort.

Edna

Ditto and I would miss the helpful people on this list and you Edna icon_lol.gif (love your cakes) and will miss Shirley's help as every time I see one of her recipes, cakes or advice and I needed answers she always replied like many other helpful people on this site.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%