Marshmallow Creme Buttercream Recipe Question

Baking By Beaches Updated 12 Apr 2008 , 4:53pm by tenleysmommy

Beaches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beaches Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 4:43pm
post #1 of 6

Has any used the marshmallow creme buttercream recipe that is in the recipe section of this web site? I want to use it in the middle of the layers of my s'more cake I want to make for camping. I didn't know how it was and wanted some feedback. Do you think this would work between layers?

5 replies
Mommaskip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommaskip Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 2:32pm
post #2 of 6

i used it and it seemed to be sort of runny but once i frosted my cake with it and put in the fridge it set up very well and tasted very yummy. my hubby loved it. here is a pick when i used it.
LL

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 5:59pm
post #3 of 6

I don't know about the recipe here, but I have added marshmallow cream to my regular BC recipe, I use it to fill cupcakes. Mmm. I do cut back on the liquid in my reg BC recipe, because the mm cream does make it a little runny.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 6:18pm
post #4 of 6

mommaskip!!! you ought not do that! that cake looks divine! mmm mmm mmm mmm MMMMMMM!!!

Mommaskip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommaskip Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 4:38pm
post #5 of 6

i shouldnt do what? but thank you very much. im still trying to figure out how to keep it thick after i mix the marshmallow creme in.

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 4:53pm
post #6 of 6

I tried the recipe last night and my family loved it,and the neighbors.I didn't layer my cake with it,chocolate mousse filling, but did ice it and it came out pretty smooth.Try it i think you will like it,it does not have much of a marshmallowy taste though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%