Does Anyonw Want To Help With A Design

Decorating By simplysweet72740 Updated 2 Apr 2008 , 5:25pm by Petit-four

simplysweet72740 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweet72740 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 3

I am doing my best friends wedding cake. She is wanting it to resemble a tree or stump. They are avid outdoor people, so she wants it to be non-traditional, ywt be able to tell its the wedding cake and not the grooms cake??? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2 replies
springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 3

There is that famous Debbie Brown tree stump cake. Many people have done that one. Maybe you could use it as a resource. I cant remember which book it was in right now.

have you done a search in the galleries>

Petit-four Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petit-four Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 5:25pm
post #3 of 3

Paper birch comes to mind as a tree with "white" bark, biut I don't know if it grows as far south as Arkansas! A quick google search will turn up many photos.

If they are avid naturalists, perhaps some gumpaste or fondant trillium or viburnum flowers (white) -- authentic reproductions of native wildflowers would probably really be popular. The Arkanas state flower is the cherry blossom. So, maybe a cherry tree/branch in palest pink and white?

I made a "log cake" with meringue mushrooms -- but do put them on at the last moment, as they absorb humidity from other icings.

I hope this helps a bit.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%