What Is Fondant Adhesive???

Decorating By ranbel Updated 2 Apr 2008 , 11:38am by ranbel

ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:51am
post #1 of 6

I am making some baby blocks out of gum paste and the directions say to attach the 4 corners with fondant adhesive. I have always used flavoring or a dad of water to attach with.

Is this something special that you must use with gum paste? This will be my first time using gum paste, I have always just used fondant. I'm guessing gum paste hardens more.

Thanks thumbs_up.gif

Gotta go get ready for work now. I am posting early, since I can't seem to log-on in the evening hours. icon_cry.gif

5 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:18am
post #2 of 6

Hi ranbel, I think its the sugar glue that you have to use. Or else, you can use a bit of gum paste dissolved in warm water.

If you want to make some sugar glue, here's aine2's " How to's " link,

http://www.extra-icing.blogspot.com/

Hope that helps.

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:19am
post #3 of 6

I was told once if you take pieces of gum paste and break it up to small pieces pour warm water in a small bowl the stir it turn thick and pastie and you use that as glue

Molly2

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:20am
post #4 of 6

You can just mix a little gumpaste with water until it disolves. The ratio is just by feel. I usually just grab a tiny piece of paste and mix with water it in a little cup (like the size of a film canister. ) Then you just use a paint brush to brush it on.
A tip I just learned is you can use a water color paint brush and fill it with gumpaste glue and then you always have some ready and it doesn't spill. You can find them in the art isle of the craft store.
Hope this helps.
Jen...

mbh724 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbh724 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:34am
post #5 of 6

Clear vanilla extract also works well.

ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:38am
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone...

Off to work now.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%