Wilton Course 3 Question

Decorating By HerBoudoir Updated 2 Apr 2008 , 11:39am by HerBoudoir

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 11:39am
post #1 of 3

I signed up yesterday to take the Wilton Course 3 class, which starts a week from today. I'll actually be in Philly for the Phi Theta Kappa International Convention (yo Kappans!) most of the week, so I'm really hard pressed for time.

The syllabus has a long list of stuff I need to bring with me, including class buttercream, but there's no mention of needing to bring an iced cake.

Does anyone who teaches/has taken know if you need a cake for the first lesson of the course 3 series? I really need to know TODAY since I'm traveling most of the week - I'll have to get the cake layers at least baked and in the freezer before I leave.

I don't have the instructor's contact info, but I do have the contact info for the other instructor who teaches at that store. I'll also email her.

2 replies
becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 3

Hi
I just took Course 3 at a Michael's store. We did NOT need a cake for the first class. We just did borders, ruffles, stringwork, and cornelli lace.
We did need a cake for the 2nd class where we did some fondant work (covering the cake, fondant bow, fondant roses). The third class was royal icing flowers. The last class was a tiered cake.
Hope this helps!

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:39am
post #3 of 3

That does help, thank you!

Since the site was down yesterday, I did end up baking some cake layers and tossing them in the freezer - I figured they'd hold an extra week if I don't need them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%