Hellp With Brown/blue Baby Shower Cake

Decorating By tonimarie Updated 18 May 2008 , 3:28pm by CakeMommyTX

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 13

My dear SIL is having her first boy, they have 3 little girls.yea! Anyway I'm having a baby shower and need some ideas. icon_confused.gif She really wants a modern looking-possibly topsy turvey cake done in brown/blue. I don't know how/or what I could put with it to make it a baby shower cake. I was thinking of doing a stacked round cake-maybe 2 or 3 high. Putting stripes down on the bottom layer and polka dots on the next. My problem is what to put on top? Was thinking maybe about a bathtub-though I've never done one-on top. If anyone has ideas or links to a similiar cake please let me know!
thank you!

12 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 11:43am
post #2 of 13

how about a brown teddy bear with a little blue blankie???

Petit-four Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petit-four Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 11:48am
post #3 of 13

Here are two modern, lovely cakes:

The first (in your color scheme) is by: jkalman
The second is by: thems_my_kids

(CC members: please let me know if I violated CC policy or etiquette by posting these!)

When I read your post, they popped into my mind. Not topsy-turvey, but you could do them that way. I think (remembering the post about the orange-yellow cake) that the creator added the animal sugar cookies as the final touch.

Perhaps the little girls would love a special cookie each as they welcome their new brother.

Hope this helps a bit!
LL
LL

tonimarie Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 12:43pm
post #4 of 13

thank you guys. I love both these ideas. I have been having such a time getting on cake central-- icon_mad.gif finally this morning I could get on and I appreciate your input!

kr1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kr1970 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 12:53pm
post #5 of 13

Here are some petit fore's i did in thoes colors maybe that will inspirie something

MrsAB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsAB Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 12:55pm
post #6 of 13

I just posted a brown & blue baby shower cake done for a boy. Check it out in my pics. Give it a few moments to post if not already there. Hope it helps.

knel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knel Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 2:10pm
post #7 of 13

I did a cake exactly as you described for my cousin's baby shower. On the top, I made the baby's monogrammed initials out of fondant. You can see it in my photos. Good Luck with your cake!

iamlis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamlis Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 6:22am
post #8 of 13

I just did this cake today from the "tinyprints. com" invitations they had printed ?? It had the same colors you were saying! GOOD LUCK!!

PS-The "Hot momma" On top was cut out of gum paste pattern of the invite as well icon_smile.gif
LL

tonimarie Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:57pm
post #9 of 13

okay here it is icon_smile.gif alright I just can't get it to work. It's the brown/blue teddy bear on my pics.

thems_my_kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thems_my_kids Posted 14 May 2008 , 1:56pm
post #10 of 13

How fun! I'm checking out this post and there's my cake! I'm easily amused! LOL!

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 14 May 2008 , 2:28pm
post #11 of 13

Here's a brown and blue paisley cake I did for a boy baby shower.
I matched it to the invitations, does your SIL have invitations picked out yet? Thats my favorite thing to do to match the cake to the decor or invite.
LL

buttercreamkisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercreamkisses Posted 18 May 2008 , 1:47pm
post #12 of 13

ooh-I love your paisly. Did you freehand them? How did you get the big ones to pop out-chocolate?

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 18 May 2008 , 3:28pm
post #13 of 13

Thnk you!!
I cut out paisley shapes from mmf and placed them on the cake and then piped the detail with royal icing. It was a bit time consuming but really easy!
The white paisley's are royal icing piped directly on the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%