Now That's What Cake Decorating Is All About!!!

Decorating By ccr03 Updated 3 Apr 2008 , 3:34am by ccr03

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 7

So, I made a VERY last minute cake for my niece's birthday. It was just my sister's family, my parents and the 'single' siblings. And really we just went as 'tag-alongs' icon_smile.gif Anyway, it was at Chuck E. Cheese and since (we thought) that they give birthday cake to the birthday kids, my mom and sister were debating whether or not to have a cake. Well, at church my niece asks my dad right away whether or not I had made her cake already - that meant I had to make one icon_smile.gif I ADORE my niece and had a Hannah Montana edible image at home, so no problem. Anyway, I didn't even take a picture of the cake. I decorated it in about 30 minutes! I put the HM image on fondant and used double-sided tape to stick the fondant onto some foamboard so the image would stand-up. I had my bro make some chocolate star lollipops and then used some RI scrolls I had left over from this baptism cake on Saturday. It was NOT my proudest moment, but looked decent enough.

Well, when I get to Chuck E. Cheese, my niece is off-the-hook happy!! And when she sees her cake - her jaw drops. She is so HAPPY!!! Even though it wasn't the pretty cake and I so could have done a better job at it, the look on my niece's cake was priceless!

(P.S. And Chuck E. Cheese doesn't give the b-day kids cake anymore! They'll sell you a single-layer one for $10 though. Good thing I made a cake!)

I just had to share!!!!

6 replies
mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:49pm
post #2 of 7

thumbs_up.gif It is so awesome to have an auntie like you!!!! Way to go, I'm sure she will remember this for a LONG time! icon_biggrin.gif

PS. thanks for the tip on Chuckie

ccr03 Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 4:46pm
post #3 of 7

Truth be told - the stress I was feeling was a thousand times worth it! The look on her face was the best!!!

Not a problem!!! I was actually pretty surprised the cake isn't included anymore.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 1:10pm
post #4 of 7

AW! What a great story!

mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 9:40pm
post #5 of 7

I had a similar experience with my first cake. That's why I continued. It was priceless to see how excited my niece was when she saw her "ugly" castle cake. This was something I'll always treasure.

I dont get to see my nephew very much, so when I went to take his sister's bday cake I bribed him hugs with my frosting bag. Worked like a charm, and since he went home with mom too much sugar wasnt an issue at all icon_biggrin.gif

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:17pm
post #6 of 7

did you post a picture of the cake?? icon_confused.gif i'd like to see it. icon_biggrin.gif

ccr03 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:34am
post #7 of 7

I didn't take a pic of it, but my sister took a picture my niece with the cake, so I can get a copy from her and I'll post it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%