Cake On Board Sign - Any Ideas?

Decorating By absolutecakes Updated 31 Mar 2008 , 3:43pm by terrylee

absolutecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
absolutecakes Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:08pm
post #1 of 9

Any good ideas for a little saying or something for a cake on board sign?

Thanks!

Katie

8 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:19pm
post #2 of 9

Whatever you do, keep it large enough to read from a distance...I heard of one guy who said the only time anyone ever hit him when he had a cake in the car was when they were trying to get close enough to read the sign that said "cake in transport." I'd just put something indicating that you might be driving slow because there's a cake being transported, or just put on your flashers if you're driving really slow. I don't use a sign because I think that most people are going to drive the way they drive regardless of what othe people are carrying in their cars! Just watch out for the idiots and drive carefully!

absolutecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
absolutecakes Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 9

Ya, I don't expect others to drive any better, but at least they will know why I am taking that "corner" a little slower than normal!!!

stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:25pm
post #4 of 9

I saw a local bakery that had magnetic signs on the back of their van. One said," We apologize for our speed", and the other said, "Wedding cake delivery in progress." The funny thing was, they were driving faster than everyone else! Oh well.

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:27pm
post #5 of 9

You could just get one of the baby ones, cross it off with marker and write "cake" that would be funny! icon_smile.gif

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:31pm
post #6 of 9

I just ordered some magnetic sheets ($7 for 24" x 12") for another purpose in the house and am going to make some 3" strips out of the leftovers to put on the back of my car. They will just read "CAKE DELIVERY". Short but to the point, don't you think.

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:39pm
post #7 of 9

I know you can go to VistaPrint.com and order either a small or large one for pretty cheap.

I had one made thru a local sign shop and it was under $25. I wanted it to be big, but not TOO big, and bright enough to get noticed. I am including a picture of it if someone is interested in knowing what it looks like.

I actually got to use it this weekend delivering a wedding cake (also posted).
LL

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:41pm
post #8 of 9

You can order one from www.earlenescakes.com or if you are going to ICES convention, I purchased one from there.

Here's a note--if you are not legal (trying to stay under the radar), I wouldn't recommend putting it on your vehicle.

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:43pm
post #9 of 9

I love the sign idea of "Cake delivery" I take the corners sometimes so slowly and I know it drives other bonkers........

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%