Help Fast...i Need To Get Back With A Client.

Decorating By aprilcake Updated 31 Mar 2008 , 2:45pm by TheButterWench

aprilcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilcake Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 4:44am
post #1 of 13

ok...the client needs to decide between a 6, 8, 10 round tiered cake or a 4, 6, 8 round tiered cake...i have done a 6, 8, 10 but not the other...i really need to find cake examples to show/email her the size difference and comparison to other objects...if any of you can find any pictures on here or anywhere that shows a true size as can be 4, 6, 8 and a 6, 8, 10...please let me know! Thanks so much!

April :0)

12 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 5:14am
post #2 of 13

Can you meet with her and simply stack the empty pans? That's what I do with clients.

~ Sherri

aprilcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilcake Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 5:24am
post #3 of 13

i dont have a 4 inch right now ...i still need to get it

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 5:28am
post #4 of 13

i've got a pic of one i can email you. i'll try to attach it, but i dunno if CC will let me do that right now. we've all been having problems iwth it.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 5:29am
post #5 of 13

Why not just cut out a four inch circle and put it on top of your other pans to give her a visual idea (if it's just for seeing the diameter). If she needs a three dimensional view, then you can cut a strip of paper to represent the pan (sort of like making a hat out of paper) and tape it together.

HTH

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 5:31am
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

Why not just cut out a four inch circle and put it on top of your other pans to give her a visual idea (if it's just for seeing the diameter). If she needs a three dimensional view, then you can cut a strip of paper to represent the pan (sort of like making a hat out of paper) and tape it together.

HTH

LOL, exactly!!

It's hard to get perspective from a photograph, even if a ruler is in the picture. *Shrug*

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 5:32am
post #7 of 13

hmm, that didn't work, let me try again...
LL

YanYan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YanYan Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 5:55am
post #8 of 13

find an tape measure or measure 4 inches of string and then find a jar in your pantry that measures 4 inches

check the large mayo bottle, that can of powdered nequick, iced tea box, quaker oatmeal box (you get the idea) or any other round cans.

You can alter the can with adhesive gift wrap and if its cardboard cut it to desired height.

If you don't want to take the can or any item that is 4 inches you can cut out 4 inches of sheet cake by marking a circle with your 4 inch jar or other item you find and cutting around it

Hope it works out

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 5:58am
post #9 of 13

An extra large can of tuna is about 4" if that helps. I save the cans and bake in them all the time.

Remove lable and wash, good to go.

amysue99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amysue99 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 6:06am
post #10 of 13

What a great idea Butter wench! I would have never thought about it!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 6:27am
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by amysue99

What a great idea Butter wench! I would have never thought about it!

Ditto!!

shalderman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shalderman Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 1:24pm
post #12 of 13

I have this pic that is a 4-6-8:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1202078

and a 6-8-10 here:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=658823

But if you can get her in person and show her the pans stacked that might be the best bet for a real "visual". I know I've planned out like a 6-8 and once its made its like - dang that's small! LOL But the 4-6-8 I just did was even a nice size due to being 3 tiers.

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 2:45pm
post #13 of 13

The tuna cans are perfect also for the sample cakes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%