Help! Need Your Opinion On Which Pan I Should Use

Decorating By dbmiller02 Updated 30 Mar 2008 , 1:47pm by busymom9431

dbmiller02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dbmiller02 Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 1:04pm
post #1 of 3

I am making a 40th birthday party cake for about 70 people for next weekend. My original thought was that I would do a double layer 11X15 which would feed just enough people if the slices were small. They are having the party catered by a barbeque place so there will be lots of other food.

What would you do? If I make it a 12X18 I won't have enough with a single layer and a double layer will be wayyy to much. But I don't want the cake to appear too small to feed everyone either (I know this is probably not that important but it was something I thought of too)

I really appreciate your help. I am so glad CC is up today and I hope it stays up, I have a lot of research to do today

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 1:40pm
post #2 of 3

Personally, I'd go with the 12x18, but I'm also the queen of making too much icon_smile.gif Have something folks can pack up leftovers to take home.

Alternatively...since there's going to be bbq and it seems to be a more casual 'do, how about cupcakes?

busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 1:47pm
post #3 of 3

Or.............do the 11x15 cake and some cupcakes for extra, especially if there will be some kids there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%