Gumpaste Dvds

Decorating By Winter1979 Updated 15 Apr 2008 , 7:51am by Sugarflowers

Winter1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Winter1979 Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 12:54pm
post #1 of 6

Are any of the DVD's explaining how to make gumpaste flowers worth it? If so, which are your favorites?

Thanks,
Winter

5 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 1:03pm
post #2 of 6

sugarflowers (cc memeber) has a very good one.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 1:40pm
post #3 of 6

Nic Lodge's are very good. If my first two go over well, I plan on doing the next one on my rose, stephanotis and ivy.

Jen icon_smile.gif

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 1:45pm
post #4 of 6

I second Tiggy's opinion on Michele Foster's (Sugarflowers) dvd. Not many tools to buy, and the one special tool she uses, you can buy at the same website as the dvd. www.lickthespoonproductions.com

Deanna

dmcclend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmcclend Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 1:59pm
post #5 of 6

How is the picture quality of the Sugarflower DVD? I have seen some DVD's where the color blends and your really can't see how the pieces fit together.

I personally recommend Scott Clark Wolley. He is the only so far that I have seen who focuses the came directly on what his hands are doing. Starting with his second DVD in his series the quality of picture is clear and crisp. Although his DVD's are very expensive they are worth it! However, I don't recommend the first one because the color of the pink rose that he did "washed out/blended" on my T.V. and I could not see exactly what he was doing. Other than that it was very informative on how to make gumpaste and the correct way to hold and use the tools.

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 7:51am
post #6 of 6

The Bloomin' Garden DVD was video taped with two cameras to get the angles necessary for clarity. Contrasting colors were worn so as not to blend with the work being done. Personally, I think the clarity is very good. icon_smile.gif This DVD also comes with a CD to be used in the computer for the written instructions. So you get a lot for your money!

There is one special tool used several times through the video. It is now available on the same web site: www.lickthespoonproductions.com. Just look for it under the cook book. Right now the veining stick comes in one size, but larger sizes are in the works for those who have arthritis or just like using a larger tool.

Michele

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%