What Should I Put On Top? (Spring/floral Cake)

Decorating By Bonnie151 Updated 30 Mar 2008 , 3:57pm by Bellatheball

Bonnie151 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonnie151 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 11

I'm stuck! I'm working on this dummy for my to-be-website and I don't know what to put on top. I'm going to add a couple of little creatures along the bottom - ladybird, snail etc (and obviously finish off the bottom). The cake could be a birthday cake or Mother's Day cake or any other general cake, so I can make up numbers or wording (or have none and have more flowers? or bugs?).

Any ideas would be most appreciated. icon_smile.gif

Thanks
LL

10 replies
Petit-four Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petit-four Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 4:46pm
post #2 of 11

Perhaps a flower (support in back with popsicle stick, hidden with RI or fondant leaves), and a wire, bent in a graceful curve, with a fondant bee buzzing around to check out the flower?

The classic fondant bow in pink or green would look nice as well.

It's a delightful cake!

sasporella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sasporella Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 4:49pm
post #3 of 11

Either a flower would look nice or how about a wired topper with a mixture of bees, ladybirds and small flowers. This is a beautiful design by the way, it looks great.

Bonnie151 Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 1:54pm
post #4 of 11

Thanks for the suggestions. icon_smile.gif I ended up doing a variation & added a beehive to the top with some bees buzzing around.

CelebrationCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationCakery Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 2:07pm
post #5 of 11

Before I even saw the picture I was thinking, "Spring....Birds" Some cute littel birds in a nest or even if they were just on wire above some flowers and grass....ohhh how beautiful it is already too though....but I thought cute birds.

rozdei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rozdei Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 2:09pm
post #6 of 11

Can you repost a picture? Would love to see it.

I love the colors on your cake.

Bonnie151 Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 2:21pm
post #7 of 11

Julie- Here are the two versions, although ChristianDonovan
, I really liike the birds nest idea too! and may try that tomorrow (it's just a dummy for my to-be website andso can still play about with it).

In hindsight, I think both are a bit bare & will try again tomorro by adding a couple of little flowers on the top too.
LL

Bonnie151 Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 2:22pm
post #8 of 11

Whoops- here's the beehive...
LL

JenniferL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferL Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 2:38pm
post #9 of 11

Ooooh, I like the beehive! I agree a little flower at the top would tie in the pink from the bottom layer. Awesome cake- great job! Good luck with your site!!

rozdei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rozdei Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 4:06pm
post #10 of 11

I like them both but I do like the beehive better. icon_smile.gif

Having a stand up pink flower that's a little bigger on the top of the cake sounds like a great idea too. icon_smile.gif

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 3:57pm
post #11 of 11

I like the beehive as well. You could do a two for one and take another photo with a fondant bow as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%