Shoebox And Purse ?'s

Decorating By hwnhulahands Updated 31 Mar 2008 , 10:50am by tcturtleshell

hwnhulahands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hwnhulahands Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:44pm
post #1 of 4

I did a purse cake for a friend and had a hard time doing that one. I followed the instructions but the cake kept falling over and crumbling and I wanted the cake to be bigger than what it came out to be. How do I make a purse cake percectly? What size pan(s) do I use? I also wanna do a shoebox cake, does anyone have step by step instructions on how to do this? And what size pan(s) do I use for this one as well? Thanks for any tips and instructions.

3 replies
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 5:37am
post #2 of 4

My suggestion to you is to go through the galleries and look for the shoebox and purse cakes that you like/admire and want to emulate. Then PM the poster and ask if they would be willing to give you the help you're seeking. Chances are you'll get the answers to your questions as most CC members are very friendly and willing to share.

As for the cake crumbling you need to make sure you use a recipe for a 'sturdy' cake. You can ask what the poster used. Also, keep in mind that chocolate mud cakes, WASC, pound cakes, madeira cakes, etc. are all used for carving and stacking as they are considered sturdy.

HTH

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 10:30am
post #3 of 4

The recipe I used was....

Dh cake mix
1 small box pudding
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup veggie oil

A beautiful CCer gave me this recipe and I used it for my Juicy Couture cake... it worked very well... carved wonderfully and NEVER fell apart!!!!!

icon_smile.gif

HTH's

Christi

* edited to spell my name correctly icon_confused.gif *

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 10:50am
post #4 of 4

I used the loaf pan for my shoe box. I used a 12" round pan for my purse. I cut it in 1/2 & used both pieces & doweled them together. If you need more help just PM me I'll be happy to help. I didn't do the really detailed purse, one day! icon_smile.gif Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%