Edible Shells-How To Make?

Business By pinkbox Updated 28 Mar 2008 , 6:42pm by pinkbox

pinkbox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbox Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 12:28pm
post #1 of 7

I am making shells this weekend and havent used a mold for fondant or gumpaste.

Can someone walk me through how to do it? I tried last night but the fondant just kept getting stuck in the mold. I want to dust/paint the color onto them like a real shell (if I can accomplish it)

I need advice for both or one or the other PLEASE!!! Im begging. Thank you in advance.

Kim

6 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:28pm
post #2 of 7

I made about 50 shells this week for a cake this weekend, but I made them from white chocolate and then painted them with different colors of dust.

(I dont' consider fondant or gumpaste as "edible"....but everyone LUVS chocolate candies! thumbs_up.gif )

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:02pm
post #3 of 7

I always make mine from white chocolate too, then dust them in different colours of lustre dust - much easier to do than fondant, and much quicker to whip through! thumbs_up.gif

pinkbox Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:30pm
post #4 of 7

I see... that is what I have started to do... any tips on painting the white chocolate?? With just dry dusts or gel color and spirits?

Thank you

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 6:01pm
post #5 of 7

I just take a big makeup brush (only used for lustre dusts, of course!) and dry brush the lustre on.

pinkbox Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 6:35pm
post #6 of 7

What if I am trying to make them look more realisitc? How would one layer the colors and get the darker colors ie the starfish into the crevices? Can you make "paint" with cocoa and vodka and paint it on white chocolate??

pinkbox Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 6:42pm
post #7 of 7

Any recommondatuions on how to make the coral?? I heard something about using ice water.. hwo does that work?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%