Question About Sugarshacks Icing & Where Do I Find Creme

Baking By disneynutbsv Updated 29 Mar 2008 , 5:16pm by Cakepro

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 11:09am
post #1 of 6

Bouquet?

Sugarshacks icing, do you have to use hi-ration shortening? Can you make it with regular shortening? I've looked for it everywhere here in NH and I can't seem to find it. And its kind of expensive to buy it online.

Unless someone in nh knows where to find it!
Thanks!

5 replies
mbh724 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbh724 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 11:35am
post #2 of 6

I have made it without the hi-ratio - I add 1 packet of Dream Whip for every 3 pounds of powdered sugar. Dream Whip has trans-fats in it which seems to do the trick. You don't have to be exact with the Dream Whip - that is just an approximation.

gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 11:37am
post #3 of 6

I use the food lion brand that still has the trans fat and it worked fine with Sharon's recipe. I'm in the middle of doing a wedding cake right now for a friend and I made it a couple of weeks ago and its AWESOME! I used just regular vanilla instead of the bouquet, I personally don't like the bouquet flavor.

Her icing is wonderful!!!

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 12:31pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you everyone! I'll give it a try this weekendicon_smile.gif

Would you think it would be better to have it with the trans fat in it? If so I'll have to buy the store brand of shortening

gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:33pm
post #5 of 6

As a Wilton Instructor I find that the consistency is much better with the trans fat in it and that is why I buy the food lion store brand. For the moment they still have the trans fat in it. My students use the new 0 trans fat crisco and they have a hard time getting it to the proper consistency. Wilton has the new recipe for the 0 trans fat shortening, you can try wilton.com.

good luck!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 5:16pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbh724

I have made it without the hi-ratio - I add 1 packet of Dream Whip for every 3 pounds of powdered sugar. Dream Whip has trans-fats in it which seems to do the trick. You don't have to be exact with the Dream Whip - that is just an approximation.

I have two boxes of Dream Whip in my hand...one box bought long ago, and the other box more recently.

Neither box has trans fat.

Sherri

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%