Directions For Dog Cake???

Decorating By jlo6024 Updated 28 Mar 2008 , 7:57pm by judyz

jlo6024 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlo6024 Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 11:31pm
post #1 of 3

I have to make a dog cake TOMORROW night that looks like a westie. I PM'd someone who had a really cute one here, but haven't hard back. Anyone have any ideas for how to shape this dog (carving, etc). I don't want to use cupcakes, she wants a WASC. Any help is appreciated at this late date! I'd hate to screw this up! I HATE making carved cakes! Thanks for your help!

2 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 7:19pm
post #2 of 3

I don't know how much help I can be on such short notice, but I carve my dogs out of cake rather than using the cupcake method. How big does the dog need to be?

If you don't need a very big cake, you can look at my pics to get an idea of the shape of the cake under the icing, and then use the fur tip to cover it with longer fur, rather than the short-haired dogs I usually make. I usually either cut an 8" square cake in half and stack it, or I stack two 5x7 ovals.

Deanna

judyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judyz Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 3

I think I might have a quick idea for you. I take two cupcakes and turn them upside down on a cake circle. Then pipe a "face" with frosting. (I tried another cupcake, but the puppy looked like he had slammed into the patio door. ) icon_biggrin.gif

Fill in with icing between the cupcakes. Form the feet and tail. Once this is done, I use the "grass" tip (sorry, at my real job and can't think of the number) to make Westie Fur. Also, use black icing for eyes and nose. I add a grograin bow to the "ears" when finished and make black puppy "paw prints" around the cake board.

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%