Convection Oven

Decorating By joy5678 Updated 31 Mar 2008 , 12:51pm by bakinccc

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 1:59pm
post #1 of 4

Can anyone give me information on a Kitchenaid Convection Oven? I have the opportunity to purchase a used double oven, stainless steel one for $500. It is in very good condition. Is this a good price and do they bake cakes good? Any info you have will help. I want to investigate before spending that much money. Thanks you all.

3 replies
ashea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashea Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 2:14pm
post #2 of 4

I have a commercial double convection oven and I love it for baking. My cookies and cakes all come out great. I get the peaks on cupcakes better than my regular oven. You just have to judge the time and temperature differently but I love mine. Hope this helps and you might need a different electrical line so check on that. My husband had to put in a new line but you might not have to with the Kitchenaid.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 2:20pm
post #3 of 4

I have a regular KA single convection oven I bought in 2000, which cost me almost 3x as much. I was not baking at the time, but I'm glad I upgraded my oven when my home was built. I would have burned out that bottom of the line oven that came with the house by now. Sounds like a good deal.

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 12:51pm
post #4 of 4

I have a KitchenAid double oven, stainless steel with the blue interior that we just installed before Christmas. Only the top is convect. I only use it for cookies but they turn out waaaaay better than my original conventional oven. I made brownies last night too and they turned out wonderful.
I think mine was around $2000+ so if you can get it for $500 that's a steal! I wonder why they're getting rid of it though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%