How Long It Takes To Expire In A Cake?

Decorating By Cg24 Updated 26 Mar 2008 , 4:32pm by indydebi

Cg24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cg24 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 2:54pm
post #1 of 4

Hello cake central friends!!

Thanks for the help you have given me..... and this time I need some help with this question:

How long it takes to expire in a cake without being refrigerated?

I need to make a Wedding cake for my friend who lives 4 hours from where I live and she's going to come for the cake to my house 3 days before her Wedding.....

She wants a 4 tiers stacked cake with filling, icing and covered in fondant, gumpaste calla lilies and pearls..... so she will be marry on Saturday, When I should begin to make the cake?

Is a good idea to put filling on the cake?, How long it takes to expire in that too without being refrigerated?

I will appreciate all your answers.... Thank you

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 3:25pm
post #2 of 4

I bake, ice and decorate on Thursday for a Saturday wedding. It sits on my counter the whole time. I don't use fillings or frostings that require refrigeration.

I've eaten my cakes a week after making them and they taste great.

Cg24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cg24 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 4

So if I put filling on the cake I'm gonna need to keep it refrigerated? and If I keep it without refrigeration it only last one day?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 4:32pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cg24

So if I put filling on the cake I'm gonna need to keep it refrigerated? and If I keep it without refrigeration it only last one day?

No, only if you use a filling that REQUIRES refrigeration, like some curds and some cream cheese based fillings, for example.

My cakes sit on the counter Thursday, Friday, Sat. I've made cakes for my family that have taken us a week to eat and they held up just fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%