Please!!! Need Help Fast On Bow For Purse Cake!!!

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 26 Mar 2008 , 3:12pm by wgoat5

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 9:57am
post #1 of 9

Please if anybody is out there that can give me a tip on this cake it would be greatly appreciated.

The bow is what I am having problems with...

I have made 2 and both bows when I picked them up have basically fallen apart (I do have another drying)....they were both gp and so is the 3rd one that I have made...

Would it be best if I make all the pieces of the bow seperately and try to adhere to the cake one by one? This thing is due Friday morning and I am running out of time... I have asked before and never got a response...so now I am pleading...

What should I do?

How do I adhere it without slippage or hurting the pink fondant that will be on the cake?

What would be the best way to make the bow? I have one drying flat but in my experience I think that it's going to be wrong also icon_sad.gif

HELP
Oh yes the beautiful cake is made by NashvilleCakes and I have pm'd her but to no avail icon_sad.gif
Christi
LL

8 replies
kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 10:02am
post #2 of 9

i dont know what to tell you but i wish you luck

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 10:16am
post #3 of 9

Hi Christi, Honestly, I haven't done anything like that. But I was thinking to add piece at a time like you said, and I would paste it with Royal Icing? It might much better than Sugar glue or what ever the glue you are using.

First try again with the remaining one. If it doesn't work, try doing it one by one.

Don't panic. You will be fine.

Good Luck!

Let us know how it went and post a picture too.

messyeater Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
messyeater Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 10:28am
post #4 of 9

I would make it straight onto the cake...also you could attach the heaviest part with with a cocktail stick to give it a bit more strength and I agree you should stick it with RI.

wgoat5 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 10:34am
post #5 of 9

So Messy you think I should make the bow loops themselves on the cake? And while soft stick a cocktail stick thru it... then attach the bow tails?

So maybe when I carve today I should make kind of a little shelf for it to sit on.. not real noticeable but maybe just a little more shelvy (LOL I know..not a word) then the other side?

Was also gonna say...I have made quite a few of these but this is the first time I have had this much trouble....problem is I am thinking that maybe there is a lot of humidity in the air causing these to not dry properly...supposed to be having rain come in by tonight... YUCK

messyeater Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
messyeater Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 12:19pm
post #6 of 9

Have you got tylose powder? If you add some to the fondant it will dry faster. A small ledge sounds like a good idea and you'll need something to support the bow while it dries...maybe a fold of cardboard or a scrunched up piece of saran wrap. I think also the tails will have to go on first under the bow.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 12:48pm
post #7 of 9

After reading this thread, let me add to my response to the other one....... the bow was done in fondant, and attached as soon as she cut it, not in advance. Apply each piece separately.. She did not do any elements in gumpaste, all were done in fondant..

tcakes65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcakes65 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 12:57pm
post #8 of 9

I agree...the bow looks like fondant.

wgoat5 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 3:12pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you sooooo much guys!!!!

Laura I got to talk to Wendy and she was a doll!!! So NOW I know icon_wink.gif

I LOVE this place icon_smile.gif

Christi

Quote by @%username% on %date%