Refrigerating Fondant Bow

Decorating By pjaycakes Updated 26 Mar 2008 , 1:53am by pjaycakes

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 12:56am
post #1 of 7

I want to do a package cake with a bow (2 loops with the center). However the cake is iced in cream cheese icing. Will a fondant bow droop after being in the refrigerator?

6 replies
ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 1:03am
post #2 of 7

No, it'll be fine. I refrigerate all of my fondant cakes.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 1:11am
post #3 of 7

I had always heard you could not put fondant (decorations mainly) in the frig.
I had a cake all made when the party was put off because of bad weather - I put the cake in a huge plastic bag in the frig for those couple of days and when it came out it was just fine. It had a huge, many loop bow w/pearls etc on a 12" round so you can figure how big it was.

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 1:13am
post #4 of 7

Well, I guess I must be doing something wrong, because when my fondant cakes were refrigerated at the fair last year they sweated and melted many of my decorations. I never refrigerate any of my fondant things since that happened.

pjaycakes Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 1:18am
post #5 of 7

Great thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

CristinaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristinaB Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 1:45am
post #6 of 7

I've only refrigerated fondant decorations if they're bone dry before they go on the cake. I've never had a problem with them. Could put your bow on just before you need to deliver the cake instead of putting it in the refrigerator? Then you won't have to worry about it!

pjaycakes Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 1:53am
post #7 of 7

The lady is picking the cake up the night before, then putting it in her refrigerator over night, then taking it to work with her the next day. I am kind of worried about the in and out of the refrigerator part. She is a very understanding lady, and usually my fondant decorations are above and beyond what she asks for and pays for. So I'll tell her I'm experimenting with new things and let me know if it works out okay. How does that sound? icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%