Feeling Sick Lately And Of Course It's Impacting The Bakery

Business By ANicole Updated 26 Mar 2008 , 12:47pm by ANicole

ANicole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ANicole Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 9:04pm
post #1 of 10

or is it? I wanted your opinions.

I feel bad because this lady called and asked if I do topsy turvey cakes. I've never made one, but if I had a lot of notice, I probably would've researched it, gotten myself more comfortable with the idea and told her I'd do it. But she wanted it for Saturday. I told her I couldn't do it.

I'm not sure if the pre-pregnant me would've done that. I've been sick every day and I haven't even been on CC at all lately! I just think cake sounds a bit icky. Not really EATING it. Making it. haha I have one measely order for Saturday - an easy one. I didn't want to commit myself to doing something I've never done and then screw it up.

Did I pass on a good opportunity - or was I smart to pass it up?

Thanks..........!!

P.S. How easy/hard is it to make one of those. I want to sort've figure out how to do one now before I get myself into another situation like this!

9 replies
nykoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nykoelle Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 11:29pm
post #2 of 10

Smart to give it up. Those cakes are tough in their own, and your first shouldn't be first notice, pregnant or not.

i think the pregnancy is improving your reasoning icon_smile.gif teehee

ANicole Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 12:42am
post #3 of 10

Wow. I feel so much better! Thank you so much!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 12:48am
post #4 of 10

Nobody should be ordering a tiered cake the same week as the party! I rarely take orders last minute like this unless they are small ones AND if I'm in the mood.

diamondjacks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondjacks Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 12:53am
post #5 of 10

they are hard!!!! the first one was a JOKE!! don't worry about it take care of yourself!

funbun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funbun Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 12:57am
post #6 of 10

You did the right thing, for sure icon_biggrin.gif
Those cakes are hard and if it was my first one I would need the time to research and make a few samples.
My first topsy turvy cake was a nightmare to create and I cried a million tears the week I made it.
Preganant or not this type of cake is not one I would do as a last minute order.

I hope you start to feel better soon! ((Hug))

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 1:14am
post #7 of 10

Your body dictates what you can and cannot undertake... I have only played with the smallest tier on a topsy-turvy dummy trying to cover it without the fondant driving me nuts, etc. ...'bout did myself in and I'm WELL beyond childbearing years! You were smart to turn down not only a last minute order, but a demanding one at that! icon_rolleyes.gif

Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 1:17am
post #8 of 10

HARD...smart move. icon_wink.gif

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 11:15am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Nobody should be ordering a tiered cake the same week as the party! I rarely take orders last minute like this unless they are small ones AND if I'm in the mood.

I agree. But that doesn't stop them. icon_confused.gif

I think you did the right thing by not taking the order. I find that if I'm not in the mood or don't feel good or whatever, my cake won't end up looking like I really put any effort in it. And in turn, my name is all over that and could hurt my business.

Don't be afraid to say no.

Hope you feel better soon!

ANicole Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 12:47pm
post #10 of 10

Very good. I'm feeling better about my decision. Thanks! I'm also reading up on the tutorial on CC - I think I'm going to make one just to try it out. Probably for family.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%