Crazy Question!

Lounge By Sunflower08 Updated 26 Mar 2008 , 3:24pm by oliveoyle

Sunflower08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunflower08 Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 12:59pm
post #1 of 9

Ok at my full time job we have stray cats running around where are cars are parked. Well they have started spraying my car in the engine.!!!! Anyone have any suggestions to get rid of the smell and get rid of the cats as well!!

Thanks!

8 replies
michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 1:37pm
post #2 of 9

I don't have any advice, but that really sucks! They are climbing up into your care from the underside and spraying? It's only a matter of time one gets caught up in there, and that is NOT a pretty sight. Does animal control deal with cats?

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 2:17pm
post #3 of 9

I would definitely contact animal control for the city where your workplace is located. Sorry...can't help with the odor though......... how awful!

manahigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manahigh Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 2:27pm
post #4 of 9

Don't know what to use to get rid of the odor but my son used moth balls to keep the neighbors cats away from his cars. If you did not want to put the moth balls in your car (another odor problem) maybe keep some in cans that come with a plastic lid and then open and set around your car once you get to work. Good luck, I know its a real problem for you.

Sunflower08 Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 3:06pm
post #5 of 9

Well I called the animal shelter here in my county and they said they don't do anything for cats!! He said now if you catch them and bring them to us we will take care of them.. These are strays and are not human friendly at all..

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 8:24pm
post #6 of 9

Hmmmm...how about some tuna with rat poison mixed in? Just kidding, folks!

Sunflower08 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 12:06pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

Hmmmm...how about some tuna with rat poison mixed in? Just kidding, folks!

I seriously thought about that! But I can't do it I love cats too much...

krazykat_14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krazykat_14 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 2:07pm
post #8 of 9

Well, "normal" cats are supposed to hate the smell of orange oil- they aren't supposed to like citrus at all- so spray orange oil around the engine compartment- or use real orange peel somehow... maybe stick an orange in a blender and use that to spray or wipe around the engine?

I have to add that "normal" cats is a reference to my cat- he loved orange juice- would actually climb over the top of me to get to it...

oliveoyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oliveoyle Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 3:24pm
post #9 of 9

they sell commercial engine cleaning products at auto parts stores, one of those may help get rid of the smell, as for keeping the cats from spraying in the first place I have no idea.good luck HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%