Filling A Wedding Cake

Decorating By stlcakelady Updated 24 Mar 2008 , 10:08pm by ThatsHowTcakesRolls

stlcakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlcakelady Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 9:38pm
post #1 of 4

I usually fill cakes with buttercream (thick) so my cakes don't slip and slide especially in the summer. Someone wants a cake filled with a whipped white chocolate ganache. Will this work for a tiered cake (maybe 4 tiers)? Has anyone ever made a whipped white chocolate ganache? Any tips would be appreciated.

3 replies
aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 9:58pm
post #2 of 4

mmmmm sounds good, i cant wait to hear how to do this too!
good luck!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 4

I've done the whipped chocolate ganache and didn't have a problem......

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 10:08pm
post #4 of 4

Honestly, if you dam the sides well and let your cakes rest properly you shouldn't have any troubles. I fill my cakes with anything and have never had a problem with sliding. I think something that's very important is the ability to refrigerate the cake after it's been filled & iced.

I actually fill & ice my cakes and then refrigerate for a couple of hours before I even stack it to decorate. This really helps not to have any jiggling while stacking. Also, I always refrigerate each decorated cake already stacked and ready to be delivered for at least 4 hours. This really helps for delivery to keep the icing firm and keep the filling in place. I have filled a 4-Layer cake with Strawberries & strawberry glaze before this way and didn't have any trouble with bulging or sliding on the bottom layers.

Good Luck to you!

Tammi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%