Lost My Topping

Decorating By barbbaby Updated 25 Mar 2008 , 5:13am by kansaswolf

barbbaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbbaby Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 5:08am
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone,
I am really new to this baking thing but I am having a great time. I recently made a great cinnamon sour cream coffee cake in a 10 inch tube pan. Everything went well until I had to remove the cake from the center post. How can you do this without turning the cake over? I did this and a lot of the topping was lost. Help please. Cake was terrific but could have looked better.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Barbbaby

2 replies
calynmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calynmom Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 5:27am
post #2 of 3

Would you be ale to make the recipe in a springform pan?

You could just put a Core in the middle to help it even out during cook and still give it the tube pan look.

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 5:13am
post #3 of 3

I actually have a tube pan (Angel food cake pan?) that has a removable bottom... The sides come down and curve in at the bottom, and the middle just sets down in the pan... After the sides are loosened, I can just pull the middle part out and work on it outside the pan... Not sure if a pan like that would HELP you, but I just thought I'd let you know that those kinds of things exist... Maybe someone on here knows what those are CALLED. I just got a hand-me-down from grandma, so don't know what it's called or where to find it...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%