Lamb Pan How To

Decorating By bellsnbows Updated 23 Mar 2008 , 4:44am by TexasSugar

bellsnbows Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellsnbows Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 12:08am
post #1 of 2

I bought a 3D lamb pan at a yard sale, but it had no instructions. It doesn't seem like I can clip it together like the 3D teddy bear. It has a tiny round hole in the bottom of one of them, so I don't think I can bake each one and stick them together. So how in the world do I bake this thing??? Please help! Thanks!

1 reply
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 4:44am
post #2 of 2

This is probably too late but...

Does your pan have little pointed ears? That's what mine is. Take the front half (with the nose) and place it face done on a cookie sheet (I line my cookie sheet with foil). You will fill it as full as you can get it. I actually fill it so that the batter domes a little. You also don't want to use your light, fluffy cake for him. You want something that is more on the dense side.

Place the other half on and use some kitchen string (ALL cotton) string, and tie the two pieces together. Try to get the string as tight as you can.

Since I overfill the pan a little there is usually a little, around the neck area, that bakes out. I'd rather it do that then not fill it enough and have the back side of the cake be flat.

I think this year makes 9 of these that I have made. I've only had two fatal accidents (heads fallen off) out of the 9. Or course tomorrow's still has to be delievered. Unfortunetly he has to go down a hilly road that is rough as can be. I think there is more holes than road. Hopefully he will make it, but he is getting some skewers through his head and into his neck to help out.

Good luck with yours when you use it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%