Need Football/star Cookie Help

Baking By scrump Updated 23 Mar 2008 , 7:36am by Honeydukes

scrump Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrump Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 10:34pm
post #1 of 4

My friend and I have taken 1 cookie class and we are TRYING to make some football & star cookies for her sister's Dallas Cowboys themed babyshower. We figured out how to make the cookies even & flat and we like the taste. We are using our teacher's recipes for royal icing to outline and glaze for the filling. What is the trick here? Our blue icing bled into the white and it just isn't looking that good. The pictures I have are of our test run and the footballs are a few days old. Any tips/help/advice will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Image[/url]

Image[/url]

Image[/url][/img]

3 replies
misha35 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misha35 Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 4

Hers is a link to my sports cookies. I use rolled butter cream for the iving.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=68886two of the biggest tricks I have are to
1) use a small, small tip for piping on cookies
2) watch moisture - don't use too much water for icing.

I haven't had the bleeding issue with cookies so I can't help there. Good Luck!

sicookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sicookie Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 3:13am
post #3 of 4

Here's a link to a sports bouquet I just did for a friend who opened a sporting goods store. I agree with Misha, don't thin your icing too much and definitely use a smaller tip for piping. I used a No. 4 tip for these.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1202246

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 7:36am
post #4 of 4

How long did you wait until you piped the accent colors -- the white on the brown and the blue on the white? If you don't allow your base to dry you risk bleeding. I give my glace overnight to dry before I pipe any detail.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%