Easter Weddings!

Decorating By Jenn123 Updated 23 Mar 2008 , 8:15pm by MCook

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 9:41pm
post #1 of 6

Man! What is it with Easter weddings? I had 7 weddings this weekend. Did anyone else see a big jump this weekend?

5 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 12:41am
post #2 of 6

7 WEDDINGS?!?! Just one wears me out. I don't know how you do it.

MCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCook Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 1:10am
post #3 of 6

7?? OMG!!! I only had one--if you are a "home baker", how in the world can you handle seven wedding cakes?? Your kitchen must be the size of a ballroom ! icon_lol.gif
Did you do the groom's cakes too???
My hat's off to you.
Another question---- how to deliver SEVEN cakes. I assume some weddings were Friday night and some today(Saturday) ?? But still, didn't some of the times overlap?? Do you have a small army of delivery trucks? LOL!
Amazing....I still stress over one. I've never even had two on one weekend, it's just never happened so far, but I've just been doing this a year.
Do you go and personally set up all the cakes yourself?
Sorry for all the questions, I'm just stunned. None of the bakers around here (bake shops) will do more than 3-4 per weekend.
You must have the patients of Jobe! thumbs_up.gif

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 6

Yes, well I worked my butt off! Three were delivered Friday and 4 Saturday. Three had Groom's cakes and I had couple of birthdays too. I turned down 8 other cookie and cake orders which I've never really had to do before. I have a separate building behind my home for baking with commercial equipment but no storefront. My mother ices and helps decorate. My husband did most of the deliveries and I did a couple. Did I mention my 2 boys both had soccer games Saturday morning too? It was pretty hectic but we got everything (and everybody) where they needed to be on time!

The most weddings I've had were 4 on one weekend. I tried to do as much ahead as possible (Wrap boards, mix icing, bake and freeze layers). There are still always a few things that pop up and I say "Why didn't I do this last week?"

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 4:10pm
post #5 of 6

My hat's off to you! I don't do weddings just because of the others stresses in my life. I don't take cake orders (home baker that I am) during Holy Week just because I'm too busy with things at church. So I can't imagine the weekend that you have had. Take a day off!

MCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCook Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 8:15pm
post #6 of 6

I'm glad to know that someone else bakes and freezes their cakes,too. So many bakers advertise "baked fresh, never frozen", but I've frozen mine since day one and no one has ever been able to tell the difference and not one complaint.

Sounds like you DO have a small army that helps--great family. My DH helps me deliver and set up when he can, couldn't have done this last cake without him. He had to set up the top tier because I'm 'height challenged" and didn't trust myself standing on a chair!

I agree, you need some days off. Hope today was more restful and you got to enjoy that great family of yours.

Happy Easter to all CCrs!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%