It Didn't Work! I Need To Fix It! Help?

Decorating By step0nmi Updated 22 Mar 2008 , 9:48pm by step0nmi

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 8:53pm
post #1 of 8

i posted a thread about 2 weeks ago where I was trying to add melted chocolate to my buttercream recipe. Well, the last time I added the chocolate in BEFORE I did the ps...TODAY I added the chocolate in AFTER I added the ps....I STILL HAVE THESE SMALL SPECKS OF CHOCOLATE IN THE BC THAT DIDN'T MIX IN!!! icon_cry.gif HOW do I fix it?? I tried to add some more ps and whip it on high but, it's not working...is it because my mixer is old? Because I have those old wisks?? I don't know the reason but I need to fix it!!!

Please help!??? icon_redface.gif

7 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 8

The only thing I can think of is to push it through a mesh strainer to remove the chocolate that didn't melt.

Sherri

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 8

what about heating the mixture just a little to melt the chocolate again?

step0nmi Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 8

how would I heat the bc again? right on the stove or in the microwave??

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 9:08pm
post #5 of 8

Your shortening and butter will melt right along with the chocolate.

Lil_Belle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lil_Belle Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 9:12pm
post #6 of 8

warm milk added to the bc? that might melt down the chocolate and leave the butter and crisco alone.

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 9:35pm
post #7 of 8

Perhaps add a small amount of the bc mixture to the chocolate and mix well? This should bring the chocolate to a normal temp without solidifying anything, or at least I think so? Or maybe mix a bit of the crisco that should be in the icing to the chocolate when melting so that it can't solidify when cooled, then just add to the icing as you are making it...

step0nmi Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 9:48pm
post #8 of 8

ok...I really didn't know there were all these other posts...I didn't get any notifications! icon_confused.gif

I heated the mixture a little by little on the stove and then I just kept mixing...IT TASTES GOOD! Not as many speckles in it as before! icon_biggrin.gif
THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLIES! I am going to print them out for future reference because I really like this recipe I have!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%