Guitar Cake

Decorating By lizardlady Updated 21 Mar 2008 , 3:57pm by Mac

lizardlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizardlady Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 2:30pm
post #1 of 6

My son is getting married May 3rd and I'm making him a guitar cake for his grooms cake. I will be cutting out the design to serve 40-50 people. I'm not quite sure how to make the strings, tuners, etc. Any ideas out there?? I'm making an acoustic guitar just like his. Would appreciate any help. Thanks!!

5 replies
akslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akslice Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 3:43pm
post #2 of 6

I haven't made one yet, but there are some real cute guitar cakes in the gallery. One in particular that I love is a Hannah Montana cake.
I am attaching it - if I do it right! How do you attach links?

akslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akslice Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 3:45pm
post #3 of 6

Apparently I don't know how to attach, but you can search it and 'jamiet' was the decorater. It would give you a good pattern. Good luck!

ddmckinney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddmckinney Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 3:46pm
post #4 of 6

i have one in my pics that i made for my son-in-laws grooms cake. i used the guitar pan, and it was very easy. the strings i just piped on. i didn't do the tuning knobs, as mother of bride, doing wedding cake and grooms cake along with everything else involved, was a little more than i had anticipated. but loved doing them.

DFND Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DFND Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 3:48pm
post #5 of 6

I made a guitar cake last week, but haven't posted it yet. Don't laugh, but I used dental floss for the strings and it worked out perfectly. The guitar was all fondant with fondant accents. I printed a picture of the childs guitar and it took over from there.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 3:57pm
post #6 of 6

I made one last weekend and today. I am getting ready to post today's pic...it's a pink and zebra guitar. The one from last week is in my photos.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%