Help With Whipped Cream

Baking By rachel0918 Updated 21 Mar 2008 , 8:23pm by tyty

rachel0918 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachel0918 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 12:57pm
post #1 of 4

Can someone tell me where to find whipped cream stabilizer? I live in the NJ area. What is the brand name so I can search for it in the store?

If I can't find it, I found a recipe on Wilton's site that adds piping gel to the cream. Has anyone ever tried this?

Thanks in advance!

3 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 7:30pm
post #2 of 4

Usually whipped cream is stabilized with gelatin. You can find that recipe on the Wilton site, too.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 4

CC stabilized whipped cream recipes:

Don't know your application needs, but the whipped cream (with cream cheese) frosting is delicious:
(This soft frosting is only suitable for basic decorations.)

How to stabilize whipping cream:
(Disregard the dip recipe references.)


tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 4

There is a stablelized whipped cream recipe on the Wilton website using piping gel.

Quote by @%username% on %date%