Update On Cake Crashed In The Middle Of Party...

Decorating By bdrider Updated 7 Nov 2008 , 11:01pm by funbun

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 1:50pm
post #31 of 51

Hi

I read all the original posts, but didn't actually reply. But I came onto CC to post a question to ask how you'd got on, so I'm glad I found this. icon_smile.gif

Just one thing comes to my mind... I can't remember exactly how it was worded, but could she have thought you meant that once she gives you the pictures, then you'll pay her within 30 days?

I wouldn't want you to give a huge sigh of relief, only for this to rear its ugly head again at some point in the near future.

Fingers crossed it's all over and done with for you, though.

Kind regards

Suzanne x

cinjam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinjam Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 2:03pm
post #32 of 51

Hi Brenda - it's the 25th! I was thinking about you this morning, and lo & behold I see this thread when I get to work (yes, I am CCing while I am at work). I hope today is uneventful for you!
Cindy

smoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smoore Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 2:13pm
post #33 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheButterWench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmerdoo

I think this lady needs a name besides Crazy Cake Lady...something that is a little shorter than that...what about CatWeasel?

Happy Caking,

Em

Well since I'm a cat person I'd rather have it changed to CakeWeasel. icon_twisted.gif

As a cake person, perhaps we should just say Weasel. (Please tell me there are no weasel persons out there!!!) icon_lol.gif
Good luck today, Brenda! I really don't think you'll be hearing from her ... this has lost it's drama for her and she's probably moved on to a new crisis in her life (trust me, this wasn't the first or the last ... I'm sure she thrives on them!).

coreenag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coreenag Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 2:22pm
post #34 of 51

I am so glad to hear that you have had a rather uneventful month and hope that it continues to be one! As smoore said she is probably onto a new crisis....maybe the pictures didn't "show" what she wanted them to show so she is sending her "lawyer" after the developer....

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:06am
post #35 of 51

Have been having trouble getting CC to load for me so I've stayed away for a few days. Glad to see there is an update on this disaster. Beings this is the 27th, does that mean we are through with the customer from Hell? She may have run off with one of those important Hitachi clients. icon_lol.gif

Diane

bdrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bdrider Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:44pm
post #36 of 51

I would love to breathe that big sign of relief being that today is the 28th and still no word from her, but being that there has been NO word I think its still hanging in limbo. She could show up at any given time and start complaining that either A. my lawyer never followed through getting her the papers to sign.. or B. OOPS, forgot to send you the pictures, but here they are and now its been over 30 days so I want my money NOW!
or C. Here are the papers for Small Claims court.

I dont really think the court thing will rear its ugly head again but I think one day she may just resurface...

I have been Googling my name periodically to try and see if she may have started badmouthing me somewhere..
Nothing yet.
Maybe she has turned her stupid energy towards some other frivilous lawsuit like the boy at the supermarket who put her eggs on the bottom and they all broke.

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:19pm
post #37 of 51

I am going to assume that your cake business is still going well or you would have said something. I wouldn't worry at this point about her hurting your business or your reputation. If the agreement was 30 days, then how could she come back on you now?

Diane

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:31pm
post #38 of 51

Maybe the woman has a hubby who put his foot down and stopped this nonsense. Time to go back to your life now and don't worry about her anymore. If she contacts you again, just do NOT respond. People like this just suck the joy out of life if they are allowed. Don't allow it! It's been a month, move on. Spring is coming, time for renewal! Go for it!!

And take care!!

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:50pm
post #39 of 51

Well, whatevah,

here's a wiggle huggle for you

{{{{HUGGLE}}}}

Let's hope this will be the last of it all and you go on with your life and cakes!

I agree with CarolAnn, Move on.

"CRAZY" has stolen a month from you, and that's enough. No more.

Just make sure that you still keep on kicking behind and taking names with your cakes.

(Believe me when I tell you that those Executives probably were 3 sheets to the wind and decided to mess around with your cake and that one of THEM is responsible for the mishap.

CASE CLOSED)

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 11:49pm
post #40 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrider

Maybe she has turned her stupid energy towards some other frivilous lawsuit like the boy at the supermarket who put her eggs on the bottom and they all broke.

LOL, you are too funny icon_lol.gif . The sad thing is, you're probably correct. icon_twisted.gif

bdrider Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 2:56am
post #41 of 51

Honestly.. I was pretty annoyed that my lawyer-friend dropped the ball on this whole thing but I guess it worked out ok ( so far ). Had he actually sent her the paperwork as he TOLD me he was going to do she may have been more inclined to send those pics out.. So i'm not really complaining.

Many of you may remember how he was all gung-ho to "squash her like a big" the first night I talked to him, then it slowly disapated to "umm.. er.. yeah, um... I didnt actually get around to having those documents writen up.. ".
But I'm so grateful that I didnt just go ahead and give her money back when the whole nightmare first started.
LOL.. watching the rerun of the Disney Cakes on Food Network tonight and seeing the Jasmine doll needing the toothpicks for support to travel 8 feet made me cringe!!

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 10:28am
post #42 of 51

Hopefully, she has moved on to harrassing someone else, or someone admitted to her that they actually bumped the table and thats why the cake fell.

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 4:47pm
post #43 of 51

Thank you for the update Brenda, and you go on with life and continue caking...God's on your side!!! thumbs_up.gif

CreationsByCaryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreationsByCaryl Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 11:50pm
post #44 of 51

HOW did this turn out ???? I've been wondering for MONTHS !!!

lifonahil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lifonahil Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 6:26am
post #45 of 51

Yeah has there been anything?

bdrider Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 1:37pm
post #46 of 51

I'm happy to report that nothing has ever come of this awful situation since I last posted. My lawyer hasn't heard from her ( I guess I should thank him for NOT doing his job!) and I haven't heard a word either.

Thank you again to everyone for your continued support through this nightmare.. Without all of your kind and supportive words ( and offers to help if I actually went to court ... and offers of help to pelt her with $250 worth of pennies) it would have surely been a bigger headache.

icon_smile.gif

Brenda

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 2:30pm
post #47 of 51

I'm so glad and relieved for you. What a terrible hag she was!

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 1:37am
post #48 of 51

I am so happy for you that this is truly behind you. It was really stressful for you during that time.

Do you think you will ever do another cake like that one again?
How are you and DJ's getting along?
Do your customers have to take an emotional stability test before you will take their orders? icon_lol.gif

-Debbie B.

bdrider Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:17am
post #49 of 51

No, I will not do a cake like that ever again...
I havent encountered any problematic DJ's since that time thank god.

I actually DID encounter another nut-job customer similar to that one but I dealt with them much better now than I would have prior to the first one and I hope to keep those encounters to a minimum!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 4:38am
post #50 of 51

Phew and congratulations on your "win" LOL. Let that be a lesson to everyone too, that even the most psychotic nutjobs may indeed NOT follow through on their threats, especially when their claims are bogus anyway. I am sooo happy for you!

funbun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funbun Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 11:01pm
post #51 of 51

I am happy that you have moved on and created more great cakes! icon_biggrin.gif
Good Luck to you in the future!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%